Complaint Review: Priceline

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: cassidine72 — dfw Texas United States of America
Priceline
800 Connecticutt AVE Norwalk, Connecticutt 06854 Internet United States of America

Priceline Booking.com Doesn't disclose the "catch" for booking through this site. God only knows how to reach a live person Internet

Working for a large hotel chain & watching the frustration w/the complaints of the numerous guests I felt everyone should get the complete picture of this company from the facts as I know them. A) For the guests to reach a live person....good luck. B) They hardly ever give details to inform you that you are never guaranteed a certain room type no matter what i.e it could be smoking, one bed if you need two, & no refunds if your trip cxl's, ends early, wrong room type. All that is guaranteed is that you will get a room.

What made we write is because tonight a regular guest C/I & was booked at wrong hotel. I can say both are to blame for this one since we do not know who made actual error. Nevertheless, I had to call from our designated 800# because guest could not get a live person on the phone for over 20 min. I gave phone to guest & he asked for supervisor over & over & over again. That fell on deaf ears, they refused to transfer this guest. So I called from a different phone. I tried in vain to speak to a supervisor to no avail. Even though we are a "hotel partner." If they aren't gonna help us help you, then you can bet your bottom dollar they won't help you either.

My suggestion is if you wanna guarantee don't book Priceline. Go to a reputable site, w/good reviews or if you have the time look at the hotel's actual site, call toll free number, & call hotel directly to find your best guaranteed room type, whether it be smoking, non smoking, one bed, two beds.

Thank you for your time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline/internet/Priceline-Bookingcom-Doesnt-disclose-the-catch-for-booking-through-this-site-God-only-951054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline