Complaint Review: Priceline

• Reported By: Carmela — Springboro Ohio
Priceline
Internet USA

Priceline Can I start a class action lawsuit? Internet

I received an email to "Name Your Price" ad through Priceline.  I  clicked the link and and input the price I wanted to pay for a trip.  The price processed, I was shown a price with taxes and fees, totaling about $350 this included a small fee for trip cancellation for any unforseen event (didn't read the fine print).

Nonetheless, after I receive the price with taxes,etc., it asked for all my credit card information.  I entered it, believing this was the price I was going to pay.  The site processed the credit card information, and then I received a message that my price (bid) was not accepted by anyone, and they popped up with the "best price" of $800+, and the itinerary came up.  There was not place to reverse the charge, nor was there any place for me to decline this price when it popped up. The sale was final. Well, since I was going on the trip, I decided I'll just keep it.  Even though I felt deceived on the price.

A few days later my plans changed.  My husband was not going to Spokane on business afterall, so there was not need for me to go there either.  This was the reason I purchased the insurance, just in case his plans changed.  So I filed for a refund, and was told it was not refundable.  That was when I was informed that the insurance was for illness or injury or unforseen weather issues and the flight were to be cancelled.

I contacted Priceline and let them know that I was not going to make the trip, and would like a refund or credit for a future date.  No dice.  I then took the opportunity to tell them about the "Name Your Price" that I responded to, and how I was not even made aware of the price difference until after they charged my credit card.  Additionally, since I didn't get my bid price, I should have been able to cancel or not proceed with the purchase, but was not given an option.

They wrote back and told me that I could have cancelled anytime during the bid process when I didn't get the bid price.  I explained I didn't get that opportunity as the system requested my credit card information prior to processing my request.  I told them that this is a bad policy because once the charge goes through, there is no refund.  And based on the fact that I was not given the opportunity to cancel, I should be refunded my money anyway.

Well, th emeir email to me stated that my purchase was not in response to the "Name Your Price".  I told them it was, and since the system came back with a total with taxes and fees, and requested my credit card information, I believed that was the price I was going to be charged.

Basically they said there was nothing they could do to help me.  So, I'm just out the $800+.

I'd like to file a class action lawsuit if there are any other persons that have experienced this same issue of being charged, only to find out that's not the price you get, and the sale is processed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline/internet/Priceline-Can-I-start-a-class-action-lawsuit-Internet-1065571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline