Complaint Review: Priceline

• Updated: Sun, September 07, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angles California
Priceline
www.priceline.com Internet U.S.A.

Priceline - Us Airways e Rips Consumers Off When You Can't Fly or Need to Make A Change Internet

*Consumer Comment: not a ripoff

I saw a deal to fly using US Airways through Priceline. I didn't make my own price. I just bought the tickets based on whatever the deal was for my departing on the day I chose. Unfortunately, I was due to travel with two little ones and they both had ear infections, their doctor warned that flying would not be good for either one of them. He gave me a notice to give to the airline stating that the children would not be able to fly. I contacted Priceline via telephone and US Airways, in person, to notify them.

This is where things get interesting. Us Airways says they can't do anything about it. I said but you took the money out of my account, they tell me to contact Priceline. I speak with a Priceline representative who tells me that they could give me a credit to fly at a later time. They tell me how much they could credit my account after penalties (a $100 per change). The sad part is that the penalities are so high that it is shameful! I am penalized because I can't fly - but I understand these companies make these rules so that people don't take advantage, but with doctor's excuses and all -- there is no reasoning. Anyway, the representative states I would receive an email with my reference number and my credit would be issued in my account. When I go to my account, there is no record of my transaction, no reference to the account and no credit!

The whole transaction, wiped from the record books! So I check my bank account to look for a credit, nothing. Why would the representative promise a credit? So I file a claim with my bank for them to investigate the matter. It's unfortunate, but with no record of the transaction, what do you think will end up happening? You guessed it, corporate wins, consumer loses! Priceline come up with a better way to help your consumers when they can't fly rather than penalize them!

Alexsis
Los Angles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2008 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline/internet/Priceline-Us-Airways-e-Rips-Consumers-Off-When-You-Cant-Fly-or-Need-to-Make-A-Change-In-346844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline

not a ripoff

AUTHOR: I Travel For Work - (U.S.A.)

You agreed to the terms and condition of the fare you booked so complaining about having to pay fees, etc. doesn't really seem justified. Priceline and the airlines are not in the business to cave to every sob story (not being insensitive but thats just how it is). However they definitely should have handeled your situation with the credit better. Thats why I think its best to deal with an airline directly then a 3rd party website.