Deegan

• Submitted: Tue, November 29, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 15, 2011

• Reported By: Dawn — New Brockton Alabama USA
Priceline

Priceline unauthorized charges on credit card internet

*Author of original report: No info is missing!

*Consumer Comment: Are you saying?

Filled out a form on Priceline.com to qualify for Pricelines Visa Rewards credit card. Priceline placed unauthorized charges for a hotel on my new card. Called and talked to a so-called "Customer Service Manager". She informed me that this is plainly stated in the user agreement. I copied and printed out the user agreement and sent it to the bank "Barclay's Bank in Wilmington,Delaware". I am currently in a dispute over the charges. This card had never been activated and I had never authorized the charge.

Stay away from Priceline. Never, I repeat,never fill out the form to qualify for their Visa Rewards card. They will automatically charge that card and claim it's in the user agreement. They are scam artist!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2011 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline/internet/Priceline-unauthorized-charges-on-credit-card-internet-802814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline

No info is missing!

AUTHOR: Dawn - (USA)

It happened exactly like I described it. Filled out a form to apply for a Priceline Visa rewards card and charges were made to my card the same night I filled out the form and qualified for the card. Could have been a glitch in the operating system or something. I don't know but Priceline won't be reasonable or even listen to me. Their customer service stinks. All of their CSR's are in the Phillipines (or at least the 20 or so I talked to)their english is horrible. Talked to a so-called manager at Priceline and she lied and said it is in the terms before you fill out the form. There is nothing in the terms that mention being automatically charged for a room. She asked me if I had searched the priceline site for a room. I told her no I had not. I have several rewards cards and like to use them in the event of using them for hotel stays. I never looked up a hotel on Priceline. Even if I had(which I did not)it's still wrong to charge a card without the owners authorization.

Are you saying?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So from this report I get that you went on line to apply for this card.  Then even before you got the card just out of the blue they put a charge on your card for some random hotel.  Is that basically your claim?

If so I'm not saying that you are right or wrong but it seems as if you have left out quite a few details.