Cried

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: Nancy — Moxee Washington
Priceline
Internet USA

Was double charged for a hotel room Hotel charged me again because Priceline hadn't paid them, now won't refund overcharge. Internet

On March 31st 2013 I had booked a hotel on their website for Greenwood Village, Colorado.  Later that day, I went to check in at the hotel and the clerk told me that there was a reservation for me but that Priceline hadn't paid them for it.  The clerk then charged me for the hotel room, no incidentals.  A couple of days later, I checked my credit card charges online and discovered a charge from Priceline and a charge from the hotel.  I called Priceline a total of 7 times and the hotel twice trying to get this problem straightened out with no success as of May 24th.  I finally had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and what I paid Priceline was charged back to them.  Also, Priceline charged me $22.30 over and above what the hotel charged me and their their customer care reps kept telling me that was Priceline's "negotiated rate" with the hotel and that I shouldn't have been shown that price.  All of the reps I had spoken with spoke very broken English and argued quite a bit with me about the charge.  I had emailed them several times as well and finally threatened to contact BBB and the Colorado State Attorney General, which also got me nowhere.  I have been advised by my credit card company that Priceline has 45 days to dispute the charge reversal.  We'll see what happens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline/internet/Was-double-charged-for-a-hotel-room-Hotel-charged-me-again-because-Priceline-hadnt-paid-1055986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline