Complaint Review: Priceline.com - Priceline

• Submitted: Mon, March 08, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 08, 2010

• Reported By: Sahara1 — Taylor Michigan United States of America
Priceline.com - Priceline

Priceline.com - Priceline Poor, Poor Customer service, Ripoff to the MAXX! Internet

This will be very brief and to the point. I recently went on a trip to Los Angeles from Detroit. The reservations were made on Priceline.com through the name your price link. There was a very simple mistake that occured while the reservation was being made on the internet. I selected my arrival date and time as well as my departure date and time. I then submitted my price. The browser reset telling me that the price was not compatible and to enter another price. I did so. When the second price came back as a positive, I decided to purchase. With one click I was on my way to sunny LA!

Everything had done smoothly upon departure from Detroit. Once in LA, 1 day prior to my departure I decided to call customer service to inquire about wether or not I could push my flight time back just alittle so that I could tie up some business before leaving LA. I gave the customer service agent my flight information and departure Date and Time. She pulled up the information and told me that the transaction could not be done. I was alittle bummed but it was no big deal.

The next day I went to LAX at the time that I was to be there, and I was told that my flight information said that I was to leave one MONTH from the date that I was there. I looked at my itinerary and it read the same as what I had just been told. I called Priceline immediately to explain the situation and the only thing that I recieved was an Im sorry, your just gonna have to stay there for a MONTH.

The person that assisted me at the airline told me that this was a problem that occurs frequently with Priceline, Hotwire, Orbits, ex. The airline customer service person said Priceline and others travel sites of the sort always have these kinds of problems and they are not inclined to assist you with these matters. Although I purchases my tickets through Priceline ultimately it was the AIRLINE that helped me get home. As a result of the mix up I had to wait an extra day to get a seat but, needless to say that I am still very greatful to the AIRLINE.

I was really upset with the way that Priceline handled the situation. Although my itinerary said that I was to return a month later the customer service person that I spoke to could have told me that the day that I called to inquire about changing my flight time. I mean after all I did provide her with my flight number and departure date. I have learned a very valuable lesson. I will NEVER use any of those travel sites again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2010 04:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom-Priceline/internet/Pricelinecom-Priceline-Poor-Poor-Customer-service-Ripoff-to-the-MAXX-Internet-579238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com - Priceline