Complaint Review: Priceline.com, US Airways

• Updated: Wed, November 20, 2002

• Reported By:Denver CO
Priceline.com, US Airways
Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Priceline.com, US Airways tricked me into buying 2 round trip tickets from Denver to Erie Pa. I needed one, oneway ticket to Erie They ripped me for $488.90 Denver Colorado *UPDATE ..employee, website is a trap

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I used to work for priceline.com ..website is a trap

*0:

I recently got layed off from a job which I was recruited for out of Virginia to Denver, Co. two years ago. I have decided to move my 7 months pregnant wife, my toddler daughter, and my elderly disabled mother back to my hometown of Erie, Pa. because of economic necessity.

My plan is to fly my family out to Erie ahead of me. I will follow in a rental truck with our belongings.

I needed to buy one oneway ticket for my wife to Erie, Pa.. My mother has open tickets for travel on US Airways. I went to Priceline.com to see if I could buy one ticket for my wife and to develope an itinerary that would enable my wife, daughter, and mother to set together on the same flight from Denver to Erie.

The next thing I know, I'm being ripped off for $488.90, for two round-trip tickets to Cleveland , OH., which we could not possibly use. I may have not went through the website correctly, but I never accepted these fares, and immediately called costumer service in a vain attempt to resolve this issue. There is only recorded messages avilable. I then went to their online costumer service, only to be told that once a transaction takes place, it cannot be changed.

I then went to the Denver Airport to get tickets for my family on US Airways to Erie, Pa.. As said before, my mothers ticket was paid for in a package prior to all this. I paid $380.00 for my wifes ticket, plus $100.00 for the family cat.

I then went to the bank on which my card is drawn on, to see if they would help me. They would not.

I went back to the airport, and went to the US Airways ticket counter to see if the supervisor (Darlene Hyatt), could help me. She stated that under no cicumstances could anything be done to help me, and that she was sorry.

The Priceline.com site is not at all user friendly, and seems to be set up to trap people into mistakes, with no way out.

Jeff
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2002 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom-US-Airways/Denver-Colorado/Pricelinecom-US-Airways-tricked-me-into-buying-2-round-trip-tickets-from-Denver-to-Erie-32999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com, US Airways

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I used to work for priceline.com ..website is a trap

AUTHOR: michele - ()

I would just like to say that i used to work for priceline.com, and i agreee that the website is a trap for the consumer that rushes into an online sale. However, consumers really need to read everything when they are making large purchases online. For this person who wanted a one way ticket..it DOES plainly state there are no sales of one way tickets on PL.com. in the FAQ's...and if this person did not even bother to read the FAQ's...then what do they expect??!! I was a customer service rep...and i would also like to say that pricelne outsources their customer service..most of the e-mails come from overseas...for the cheap labor. I quit working for them because i didnt feel good about working for a company with shady business practices..i ADMIT they set up the site to be tricky..but sometimes..the blame DOES fall on the consumer. good luck people~

#2 0

AUTHOR: - ()

Priceline.com tricked me into buying two roundtrip tickets from Denver, CO. to Cleveland, Oh., which I could not use. I needed one, oneway ticket to Erie, Pa.. Priceline.com ripped me for $488.90.

#3 0