Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: Blythe — Bend Oregon
Priceline.com
PO 9022 Jericho NY 11753 Jericho, New York United States of America

Priceline.com Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company Priceline needs to CANCEL their "Cancellation" insurance! Jericho, New York

I had just started using Priceline and thought it was working very well. So I decided to use Priceline to book reservations at a hotel about 3 hours from here where I had to go for a meeting. I booked a hotel for 4 nights. I purchased "cancellation insurance." I wasn't able to read all the fine print when signing up for the insurance, though, because I got an error message. But I thought I understood the meaning of the word "cancellation."

There was a blizzard the day I was to leave and the mountain pass was closed. I called immediately and tried to cancel. This was a situation I had no control over. They would NOT make good on the insurance, and I got ripped for all 4 nights.

This was just wrong on so many levels. They said, if I had been sick and had a doctor's note, they would consider honoring the insurance. So perhaps I should have lied.  So much for being honest!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/Jericho-New-York-11753/Pricelinecom-Stonebridge-Casualty-Insurance-Company-Priceline-needs-to-CANCEL-their-Canc-1037238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com