rank

• Reported By: Ming — San Francisco California United States of America
Priceline.com

Priceline.com Consumer Fraud: Priceline misleading the consumers Internet

*General Comment: Not surprising,,,,,,,,,,

Priceline advertises best price guarantee you can save up to 60% when you name your own price on a hotel.  When I saw the advertisement, I thought my dream would come true to save money on a trip.  Then I submitted an initial bid $250 to bid a resort at Wailea area in Maui for 6 nights in August 2011.  The median price at Wailea area is $569 per priceline.com.   I found out that only 3 resorts available at Wailea area per priceline.com.   These resorts are:
(1)  Wailea Beach Marriott $249 per night.
(2)  Grand Wailea, A Waldof Astoria Resort $569 per nigth.
(3)  Ho'olei At Grand Wailea $1495 per night.
I thought my chance to get Grand Wailea was high if I submitted the bid higher than $249.  If Grand Wailea could not accept my bid, priceline should give me a resort with retail price higher than $250.

The initial bid $250 was accepted without any counteroffer.   Unbelievable that priceline gave me a resort, Wailea Beach Marriott, with retail price at $249.  As a result, I am loosing money to bid a resort.  I paid more than retail price.  I had no choice to get what resort I wanted even though I paid more.  If I book a resort at retail price, I have choice to choose which resort I want.

I called Priceline several times but they refused to cancel the bid.  They could only able to refund $1 per night back to me.  Also, they refused to refund the tax and fees for $1 x 6 nights.  However, I paid the tax and fees for the amount of $250 x 6 nights.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2011 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/internet/Pricelinecom-Consumer-Fraud-Priceline-misleading-the-consumers-Internet-756095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com

#1 General Comment

Not surprising,,,,,,,,,,

AUTHOR: Adolph - (USA)

Priceline is in business to make money. Any time a bid is tendered to Priceline, they're naturally going to shop for the lowest price THEY can get. They will provide the most profitable accomodations (cheapest to them, to wit: crummy) to fullfill any bids. A good way to get very poor quality reservations.
Sadly, I'd guess the results you achieved would be reflected in much of their scheduling.
One must take care to accurately schedule any accomodations with Priceline. If for some reason a person is unable to use that which they purchased, it WILL be paid for anyway.