Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 08, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Faye — Sunnyvale California United States of America
Priceline.com

Priceline.com Elicito (Seth) B and Brenda would not refund/cancel insurance obtained thru them for car rental @Hertz Rental Internet

I went to priceline.com for rental car which I decided on Hertz Rental because it is near my residence. While making my reservation within the application was an offer for collision insurance which was pretty pricy ($165.00 for 15 days @ 11.oo a day)but it was suppose to be cheaper and convenient to get everything done  so all I would need to do is give my ID and info. Unknowingly it seemed to be within the body of the application , so I had no reason not to believe it was'nt Hertz.

I go to Hertz and I am shown offer of insurance which is $9.00 and I aquire it $136.00 and I leave and (this was on 2/01/12) I leave and on 2/3/12 a debut of 165.00 withdrawn from my account. I was told that @ the end of my rental was when monies would be deducted. So I called Hertz and got the bad news that priceline has done this before. I called the number 1-800-774-2354 and explained to them that I was under the impression that as an agent for Hertz I was paying for insurance through them on their behalf. I got a rude awakening. And when I expressed to Elecito (Seth) B and Brenda, I was told that I would not to be able to cancel or receive a refund because I rented the car. He said "I am not cancelling anything. I call several times and used choice words because I am peaved. This ain't right!

I took the car back 2/8/12 a week earlier than I was going to just to cancel out that transaction, but to no avial. And still they will not close it out/refund/cancel nor credit back my account. What can I do???   HEEELLLLPPPP Me Please

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/internet/Pricelinecom-Elicito-Seth-B-and-Brenda-would-not-refundcancel-insurance-obtained-thru-836273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com