Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Submitted: Tue, May 07, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, May 07, 2013

• Reported By: Mantour — Urbana Illinois
Internet USA

Priceline.com Never bid on priceline, it is deceptive, and waste of money, especially for Puerto Rico Hotels.  Internet

I bid a hotel on priceline in Puerto Rico. The hotel is supposed to be a 4 star resort named El San Juan Resort and Casino, however, after I have purchased it in my bag, I read these very polarized, ridiculous, and terrible reviews about this hotel. I am very shocked about it, and I highly doubt that some 10/10 scores are given by people who work in the hotel. I deeply understand that different people have different say about one thing. But, based upon all my experience with priceline, I have never seen such ridiculous reviews on a 4-star hotel.

People who comment on one hotel genereally have average reviews, they critize some parts and tolerate some serives. People rationally write helpful reviews and fairly list the advantages and disadvantages. But for El San Juan Resort and Casino, people say the shower room is disgusting, the service is not helpful, and the hallway is very loud and so on. Some people say it is fantastic and great. This obviously doesn't qualify a 4-star hotel, the reviews are polarized and not convincing at all. I have never seen such polarized reviews on Hilton. I have been using priceline for several year, but never encounter this situation. I think there is a problem in the website or the company. They need to re-evaluate such hotels like El San Juan Resort and Casino. This hotel might appear to be very high standard before, but clearly not for now. Information needs to be re-accessed and re-evaluated.

The customer service should respect customers' hope of having a great stay during vocation. Even though we, customers bid on the priceline to lower our vacational cost, it doesn't mean we can accept everything you provided, especially, in this case the hotel doesn't qualify the certain critieria I bid for. The customer service is helpless in dealing with the problem, and I have talked to a customer relations manager and she told me she is the highest person whom can be talked to and keep saying there is nothing she can do. I am very disaapointed by her negative attitude, and simply let me know the reservation is non-refundable. I need someone to tell me why this is happening or a reasonable answer not all these non-refundable and nothing-can-be-done policy.

I am travelling with my parents who flew from 100000 miles away, I won't take the risk of staying in a lousy and noisy hotel. I hope this issue can be solved soon, and I hope customer relations should highly regard your customer service department and process my refund request, and re-evaluate the hotel.

Contact Info

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/internet/Pricelinecom-Never-bid-on-priceline-it-is-deceptive-and-waste-of-money-especially-for-1049044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com