Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: DaniB — Pewaukee Wisconsin
Priceline.com
Internet USA

Priceline.com Overcharged by Priceine & they didn't pay the hotel so I could not checkin. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Nice mouth...

*Author of original report: Don't be an a**!

*Consumer Comment: I feel sorry for your spouse...

I have used Priceline.com for years to book travel.  Yesterday, I booked a hotel and overpaid $130 - I then found out the hotel only charges $90.  What I learned from this is that Priceline puts higher prices on their website to make it appear as discounted.I spe

Last night when I arrived at the hotel, I COULD NOT CHECK IN.  I called Priceline and spent the next HOUR ON THE PHONE WITH THEM.  They told the hotel that my reservation was good but the hotel had put the amount on the wrong merchant account - AND PRICELINE WOULD NOT PAY THEM THE MONEY I ALREADY PAID!!!

I booked this through Priceline - the hotel didn't have to do anything.

After being transferred around by what PRiceline calls their "customer service department" (hahaha, good one.  they don't even speak good English so they didn't know what the hell I was saying).  WHEN I LITERALLY STARTING SCREAMING AT MARY FROM PRICELINE.COM IS WHEN THEY FINALLY TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS.

I called Jeff Boyd the CEO of Priceline.com today in CT and got his voice mail.  I left him a message to call me back but he didn't, but I'm not shocked by this.

DO NOT USE PRICELINE!  THEY ARE HORRIBLE.  I AM NOW A FORMER CUSTOMER AND I PLAN TO POST THIS EVERWHERE I CAN.  I'M WORKING ON GETTING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TOGETHER SO EMAIL ME OR STAND BY FOR THE PUBLIC NOTICE.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/internet/Pricelinecom-Overcharged-by-Priceine-amp-they-didnt-pay-the-hotel-so-I-could-not-chec-1166146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com

Nice mouth...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

You know I did re-read the report.

Where they made a mistake(and it may have not even been their fault), and "took care of business".  You AFTER that anonymously blast them on the Internet, call the CEO and are trying to get a "Class Action Lawsuit"(ha..ha..ha) going.

If you think your actions are the "right thing" then I stand by what I stated.

By the way I am still waiting for the "public notice" of this Class Action Lawsuit.

Don't be an a**!

AUTHOR: DaniB - ()

Re-read the report.  I did the right thing.  Obviously you have too much time on your hands!

I feel sorry for your spouse...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Seriosuly, I would hate to see how you treat your spouse if they forgot to bring home the milk one night.

After all you have used Priceline for years to book travel and presumably without issue or based on this one incident you wouldn't have been back.  Yet when they make a mistake you call the CEO and are looking to file a Class Action Lawsuit?  Oh and you do that AFTER they "take care of business"(or in normal speak...they fixed the problem and got you either the room or your money back).

So exactly what are you going to file a Class Action Lawsuit on?  That their Customer Service Reps don't speak english "good"?  That you had to scream to get something done?  That the CEO didn't call you back?  Really...good luck in that.

Oh and as for the price, while you did not give the details.  I have a feeling you are not telling the entire story on that one either.  Perhaps you saw the hotel's cost to Priceline(which is going to be a much lower wholesale rate you CAN NOT get).  So yes, the hotel charges $90, you pay $130 and Priceline makes the $40 for booking the room.  By the way in talking about the Hotel, if it was in fact the Hotel that made the mistake and used the wrong merchant account..how exactly is Priceline at fault?