Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Submitted: Fri, December 02, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 02, 2011

• Reported By: Don — Rehoboth Beach Delaware United States of America
Priceline.com

Priceline.com Priceline and it's Hotel "partners in crime" are scamming the American public. Internet

Undisclosed, substantial fees are being charged by hotels that are booked through Priceline - and Priceline refuses to allow cancellation or even early termination of the amount charged for the full stay. Problem is, the hotels and Priceline are partners in this rip-off.

These charges - $30 "resort fee", $12.95 internet, and $21 parking PER DAY just experienced by my wife and I during a two week get-away are highway robbery personified. These charges were not being charged by a substantial portion of competitive hotels in the areas I stayed.

Since the "Resort Fee" was not an option, and is charged to every room they rent, I can't see why it is not part of the room charges - except if they intend on hiding it to scam the general public. When I arrived I learned of the charge and was advised that if I did not agree to pay this extra charge (long after I had paid the full price to Priceline for the reservation) they would cancel my reservation with no refund of any portion pai of what had been paid.

I don't believe that Priceline, which blatantly disallows all requests for fair, equitable treatment, should be allowed to continue these actions, so will not be doing any further reservations through them. I would certainly love to be involved in some kind of action to stop this scam.

I will be filing a report with the Delaware Attorney Generals office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/internet/Pricelinecom-Priceline-and-its-Hotel-partners-in-crime-are-scamming-the-American-publ-804170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com