Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Updated: Sun, July 20, 2014

• Reported By: Angela — Boca Raton Florida
Priceline.com
Internet USA

Priceline.com misrepresentation, failure to honor guarantee, excessive price gouging Internet

I needed a hotel in Fort Myers Beach.  I searched online but found nothing in the area which was in my price category.  I decided to try the Priceline.com "name your price" feature.  I entered $129 (a price for which I had seen a room in the area earlier).  I booked a room through priceline and paid a total of $152.32 with tax and service fee.  You do not get to know what hotel until after you book and pay.  When I saw the hotel, I decied to check to see how much I had "saved."  The regular price for the rooms was $$81.75 !!!    I called Priceline for their "guarantee" price match.  They kept my on hold for over 15 minutes.  When they finally returned they said they were unable to book the room at the price shown on the hotel's website and therefore they did not have to honor their guarantee.  When I checked in to the hotel, I mentioned what had happened to the desk clerk.   I told him "we paid more than anyone else in this hotel tonight."  He laughed and said, "yes, you did!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2014 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/internet/Pricelinecom-misrepresentation-failure-to-honor-guarantee-excessive-price-gouging-Int-1163498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com