Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Submitted: Sat, March 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 07, 2009

• Reported By:Midvale Utah
Priceline.com
800 Connecticut Ave Norwalk, Connecticut 06854 Nationwide U.S.A.

Priceline.com Chairman: Ralph M. Bahna, President, CEO, Director Jeffery H. Boyd, SVP, CFO, Chief Accounting Officer Daniel J. Finnegan Refuse Refund I Was In The Hospital Paralyzed did not follow rules of Disability Act Nationwide Conniecticut, California, Massachusetts, New York, Illinois

The company I am referring to is, Priceline.com. I am pretty sure from what I read, broke the rules of the Disability Act, and didn't even blink or care. Just as important to me, they would not refund, or transfer dates on a trip I had paid for, to the Bahamas. I was in the hospital, and unable to go, on the date it was booked on. It seems they feel they are above the rules.

After long letters explaining my terrible, and very unexpected situation, I asked them, then pleaded, and finally begged, for a refund, or to just please re-issue me tickets, for a new trip to the Bahamas. I only got rude responses and firm NO's!.

The reason I was unable to make the flight, and trip, in a nutshell is: I was in a car accident, and diagnosed with a very rare virus "Transverse Myelitis" all at the same time. 1 month after I bought the trip on-line.
I was completely paralyzed from the neck down, my kidneys shut down, and I was under 100lbs from not physically being able to eat. I was in the hospital for months, when I got out I was bed ridden. During this time was when my trip to the Bahamas was booked. Needless to say I was unable to go. I was also unable to call and cancel. I could not get out of bed very easily, and to tell you the truth, I was fighting for my life. The trip was not the first thing on my mind, saving my life was.

When I finally got a little better, I called to reschedule my trip, to a later date, after my Dr. Released me and said it was ok. They told me NO! In the most rude tone possible. I asked for a supervisor, they had the nerve to tell me "there are no supervisors here". When I asked for the Corporate Office, they said "This company does not have a Corporate Office". Yeah! an Incorporated, world wide company does not have a Corporate office. And the scariest thing is it was not just one representative that said this, it was like they were trained to say it. This went on for hours and hours, and days and days.

So I did some research myself, and got the Corporate Offices phone # and fax, and sent my letters there. Still to this day I cannot get a response from the corporate offices. The customer service center's e-mail responses just says NO!

It is so frustrating, unprofessional, rude, and ignorant. I am at my wits end, and feel like I cannot do anything about it. I have had the worst year of my life, I need a vacation, and I cannot get the one I paid for. Or even closure.

Priceline.com is absolutely the most unprofessional company I have ever come across. I don't normally do this, leave a complaint on the internet but I truly don't know what to do, I have literally done everything in my power as far as I know. So if anyone has any ideas, I would be more than happy to hear them.
Thank you so very much!!!
S. G

Gailey
Midvale, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2009 02:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/nationwide/Pricelinecom-Chairman-Ralph-M-Bahna-President-CEO-Director-Jeffery-H-Boyd-SVP-CFO-431691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com