Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Phone: 866-932-4687
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Priceline.com Priceline scam Devil Vill California

*Consumer Comment: Why did you bid?

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry but you are out of luck!

*Consumer Comment: Sorry but they got the last laugh..

I am a two time Army Vet Iraq & Afghanistan please help a soldier get his money back someone. I am ready to file a lawsuit against priceline.com any lawyers ready!

This is my Rip-off report about priceline who got me for $1,400.81 on a room I never ever wanted or checked in too. (Priceline does not cancel or re-fund your money no matter what even if your mother died and you couldn't make it.)

I had used priceline in the past and had no problems out of them and even had a account with them. Then on day I was just searching for a hotel in Miami and used priceline ( the non-negotiator) big mistake.

I had already booked a room threw Expeida for that trip to Miami for $800.00 for four nights. So I decided to go look around to find lower rate. I did the hole thing on Priceline (Bid your on price). I put seeking a two star hotel for four night in south beach. I also did what it said about the average rate and it was around $1,400.81 for four nights.

Then something weird happened at the bottom it had my card number and I did have a account with them. But I thought it was weird that they were asking for my card number when I was just looking around. So it asked for my CVS code (the one on the back of your card).

I thought they might try something funny and it was my first time using the bid your on price so I entered a different CVS code so they couldn't charge me. Then I agreed to the term & conditions (I never really read them but I do now) and hit bid.

Here is were I got really really mad. It booked me a hotel for $1,400.81 and I never even got to look at it! Plus I already had booked a cheaper hotel threw Expidia. All I was doing is comparing prices and looking around. Let me say this is crap, I mean do you go to a Car action and bid $1,400.81 on a car you never even seen. No way nobody in their right mind would do that.

So i called priceline and told them I wanted to cancel they said you can't and you can't get your money back even if you don't go check in. They also said that you can't call the hotel and cancel or get your money back. So I called my bank and disputed it. I thought I had finished it with Priceline. But a month later my bank e-mailed my telling that Priceline had one and they charged me. They letter from my bank said this:

USAA

As you know, we have been working on your disputed item for $1400.81 with Priceline. In an attempt to resolve the matter, we credited your account and charged the disputed amount back to the merchant's bank. The charge has now been returned to us with a copy of the terms and conditions that were presented to you at the time of the initial booking. By providing your debit card number you have accepted the merchant s terms and conditions and the associated charges. The merchant has provided documentation to support the customer inputted all the necessary information to successfully book the reservation. According to MasterCard regulations, USAA as a financial institution cannot override the merchant s policy due to legal implications.

So now i'm out $1400.81 for nothing and I am ready to take it to court who's with me. I am also going to the news because they shouldn't be able to take your money for nothing. That in my book is a SCAM!!!

Strick9
orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2009 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/nationwide/Pricelinecom-Priceline-scam-Devil-Vill-California-448451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com

Why did you bid?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

"Let me say this is crap, I mean do you go to a Car action and bid $1,400.81 on a car you never even seen. No way nobody in their right mind would do that."

And yet you submitted a bid on a hotel room. I guarantee you if you go to a car auction and submit a bid on a car you've never seen, they will hold you to your bid. That's how it works. A bid is an offer to buy. If it's accepted, then you're committed.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're out the money, but it seems to me that the key issue is that you submitted a bid without reading the terms and conditions. You tried to game the process by giving a phony CVS code, but that didn't work. The fact remains that you made a bid and they can hold you to it.

Sorry but you are out of luck!

AUTHOR: Ronnie - (U.S.A.)

I was with you until this......"Then I agreed to the term & conditions (I never really read them but I do now) and hit bid." Sorry but you are out of luck, no matter who you try to complain about...
No Rip Off here you agreed to the term and conditions! The only Rip Off here is that you done it to yourself.

Sorry but they got the last laugh..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

First thank you for your service to our country. However, Priceline is correct. You did authorize the debit, as you are informed of the policy (at least) twice.

On the page you confirm your bid you shown the below information and required to enter your initials stating you read and understand them.
--------------------------------------------
Important Information

All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed.

Reservation is guaranteed for arrival on the confirmed check-in date only. If you do not check-in on the first day of your reservation and you do not alert the hotel in advance, the remaining portion of your reservation will be canceled and you will not be entitled to a refund.

If priceline accepts your price, priceline will book your reservation in a property with an equal or higher star level than you requested. The hotel that is selected may or may not be one that you have seen during a hotel search on priceline. Priceline will immediately charge your credit card the total cost of your stay. Rooms purchased through priceline can not be cancelled, changed or transferred and refunds are not allowed. If your offer is not accepted, your credit card will not be charged.

The reservation holder must present a valid photo ID and credit card at check-in. The credit card is required for any additional hotel specific service fees or incidental charges or fees that may be charged by the hotel to the customer at checkout. These charges may be mandatory (e.g., resort fees) or optional (parking, phone calls or minibar charges) and are not included in your offer price.

Hotel rooms purchased through priceline are not eligible for frequent traveler points, upgrades, vouchers, or other discounts and incentives.

--------------------------------------------------------------

On the page you enter your credit card number
----------------------------------------------
What Happens Next

Once you click "Buy My Hotel Room", priceline will look for a hotel to match your offer.

If we accept your offer, we'll immediately charge the credit card you provide to us. Please note, you will not be provided with a list of hotel options. Please remember, once you click "Buy My Hotel Room" your request can not be changed, cancelled, or transferred and refunds are not allowed.

If we can't accept your offer, your credit card will not be charged.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If somehow you entered your initals without reading and missed the terms both times, unfortunatly it is your mistake. Taking this to court will in all likelyhood just cost you more time and money. So the best thing you can do is take this as an expensive lesson as to why you should ALWAYS read and fully understand what you are doing before you sign or give anyone your credit card number.