Complaint Review: Pride Air Conditioning & Appliance

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Aventura Florida
Pride Air Conditioning & Appliance
2150 NW 18th Street Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Pride Air Conditioning & Appliance Deceptive Contract Practices Pompano Beach Florida

I contacted Pride to see if I could get a cheaper maintenance contract than the one I have with Total, which was up for renewal. I was told to give them my credit card information to start the process. Their inspector came out and said my AC coils have to be cleaned and Pride would not cover the AC in the contract. I called the main office and a woman named Michelle in the contract department confirmed this. They said it would be $250 to clean the coils and then they could include it in the contract.

I said no thank you, and that I don't want the contract. I signed my Total contract and sent in my payment to Total. A few days later I got an unsigned contract in the mail from Pride with a big stamp "PAID" on it. I called them and told them I clearly said that I do not want the contract and that they need to refund my credit card. They said I needed to send in a written, signed confirmation that said I do not want the contract. I faxed it in the same day.

A few weeks later, I got a form in the mail from Pride asking me the reasons for "cancellation" and an address to send a pro-rated check to. I called Michelle and told her I would not sign this because there was never a contract in the first place and because they need to issue a full refund back to my credit card. She refused to do this and said she had proof of my signed contract. I gave her my fax number and to no one's surprise, she has not faxed this "proof" to me yet.

Kate
Aventura, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 06:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pride-Air-Conditioning-Appliance/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33069/Pride-Air-Conditioning-Appliance-Deceptive-Contract-Practices-Pompano-Beach-Florida-443384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pride Air Conditioning & Appliance