Complaint Review: Prima Worldwide Warranty

• Updated: Sun, January 11, 2009

• Reported By:Farmington New Mexico
Prima Worldwide Warranty
Internet U.S.A.

Prima Worldwide Warranty Refuse to service my TV even though I have sent a FAX of the contract. Internet

On 1/3/2006 I purchased a Sabio 40" LCD TV from Dakota PC Warehouse through their ad on eBay. The price of $2499 included a six-year in-home warranty, which turned out to be through Prima Worldwide Warranty (PWW).

I asked who would do the service, if required. I was told that there was no one in my area, so they modified the contract that they would send a box and pay shipping both ways.

In 2008 the TV display developed a dark vertical line about 4" from each side of the screen plus dark vertical shadows. I called PWW. The person who answered the phone asked me to FAX a copy of my contract and original purchase invoice, which I immediately did. He said they would find a service company in my area and get back to me. I waited a week, but no one called.

In the following weeks I called several times, each time reaching a different person. I asked to talk to the supervisor. He (Vic) was never available. They asked me to FAX the contract again, which I did. At one point they said they had a local company to service my TV; it turned out that company was in Pennsylvania (about 2000 miles away). After that, they refused to take my calls.

The expiration date on the warranty is 1/3/2012. All I want is for the TV to be repaired or replaced as per the contract.

Dan
Farmington, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2009 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prima-Worldwide-Warranty/internet/Prima-Worldwide-Warranty-Refuse-to-service-my-TV-even-though-I-have-sent-a-FAX-of-the-cont-410820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prima Worldwide Warranty