Complaint Review: Prime Mango

• Updated: Fri, June 01, 2012

• Reported By: Beth — Columbus Mississippi USA
Prime Mango

Prime Mango Mango Pure BEWARE!! Nasty Snakes in the grass. Internet, Internet

Ad is for Mango Pure - melt away fat and lose weight.  14 day free trial.
I knew better..... (this complaint is not about the product - which I did not use; it is about the 14 day trial, failure to follow their own policy, shoddy and completely ineffective customer service, ignoring my requests for refund and rma's, and the vague replys and stall tactics used.)

Before I ordered, I read and printed for my records the return policy.  If you did not cancel your subscription within the 14 day period, you would be charged $89.95.  Every 30 days thereafter they will ship you a one month's supply and charge you 89.95.  Return product will not be accepted without RMA.
Read at:

May 8 - order placed
May 18 (10 days) - order cancelled, do not charge me  (order arrived in mail same day)
May 21 (13 days) - e-mail offering discount shipping - my response NO, refund and send RMA
May 22 (14 days) - e-mail saying order has been cancelled and any ongoing or all future charges have been cancelled.  Credit Card charged for 89.95 (full bottle that came with the sample)
May 24-25 - (16/17 days) Package arrives from Prime Mango, another bottle.  I'm still waiting for RMA for 1st bottle.
May 26 (18 days) - Credit Card charged for 89.95 (2nd charge - I have 2 now)
May 30 (22 days) - I check credit card and see charges.  I e-mail copy of bill to customer service asking for immediate refund and RMA's for both bottles.
Complain about:

receiving full bottle with sample and another bottle less than 2 weeks later
        not honoring their trial as advertised and stated in their policy
        incorrect # of tablets in sample
        not sending RMA's as requested.
May 31 (23 days) - e-mail from customer service addressing:
        incorrect # of tablets in sample  (14 day trial means you have 14 days to cancel the order, not
                             14 days worth of product)
        Receiving full bottle with sample - they always ship full bottle with trial
        Explaining how the 14 day trial period works, starts when you order - you must cancel within
                            14 days or you will be charged. (duh)
        No mention of 2nd bottle shipped
        No mention of their failure to cancel membership timely and stop charges
        No mention of refunding my money
        No mention of RMA's
 Immediatly, I replied by copying their return policy in the e-mail and counting the number of days between order, cancellation, charges, and 2nd shipment (because they were obviously having trouble with the math.)
        I reminded them again:
         that they had not provided me with RMA's
         that they shipped the 2nd bottle after I cancelled (really, it shipped 9 days after I
         ordered the trial but I hadn't looked at the shipping label yet)
         that I was charged for both shipments after I cancelled the order
Then I requested they not send me anymore ridiculous e-mails like the one I just received.

June 1 - Got this today.
" Thank you for your inquiry, At this time I would ask that you contact our Customer Service Department in order to get this matter resolved as quickly as possible. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

I called my Credit Card company and filed a complaint.  They have agreed to dispute the charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2012 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-Mango/internet/Prime-Mango-Mango-Pure-BEWARE-Nasty-Snakes-in-the-grass-Internet-Internet-891652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime Mango