Complaint Review: Prime One Benefit

• Updated: Mon, April 17, 2006

• Reported By:Ft lauderdale Florida
Prime One Benefit
220 W 19 Street New York New York 10010 Toronto, Other Canada

Prime One Benefit ripoff They promise me a credit card 1000 credit limit and took my 190 dollars Toronto Canada

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: A former employee here...

I was called by prime one benefit and promised a credit card with a credit limit of 1000 dollars. They ask me for my banking information to withdraw an amount of 190 dollars from my checking account.

Later they send me a package to sign i read the package carefully and the contents did not describe what was offered to me I did not sign this agrement so I return the package and was to get back my money. Tthey told me the refund took 12weeks to process after 12 weeks I called again and they told me 16 weeks after 16 weeks I was told they could not help me with a refund the accounting department was to contact me.

It's now 20 weeks no one called me so I tried to call them and the phone number that i have been calling appears to be out of service i got ripped off. They were never consistent in their explanations it was always something different every time I called and I could never speak to a supervisor or a manager their was never one there.

I became supisious but could not do anything because this company they told me is in canada with a canadian area code they apprears to have a sister company in the state of New York but I could not get a phone number form them or the phone company could not locate a company with that name. Please tell me what to do from here, these people have to be stopped they are ripping off too many people what can I do.

Ft lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2004 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-One-Benefit/Toronto-Other/Prime-One-Benefit-ripoff-They-promise-me-a-credit-card-1000-credit-limit-and-took-my-190-104442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime One Benefit

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

A former employee here...

AUTHOR: Liam - (Canada)

I used to work for them back in 2001.

They had 2 call centres here in Toronto, one located at 60 St. Clair Avenue East, 3rd floor, and the other one was at 344 Bloor Street West, 5th floor. Both have been raided, as I reported both of them, and from what I remember they were shut down in 2003.

I was 14 when I was working for them, and I quit as soon as I found out it was a scam.

I have come forward to the FTC, and given them my information.

I'm so sorry that you got ripped off, and I've offered to be a witness if necessary to help prosecute them.