Complaint Review: Prime One Benefits - Benefit One - Avalon Systems - Global Financial

• Submitted: Sat, July 24, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, July 24, 2004

• Reported By:Leavenworth Kansas
Prime One Benefits - Benefit One - Avalon Systems - Global Financial
666 Fifth Street, Suite 317 New York, New York U.S.A.

Prime One Benefits - Benefit One - Avalon Systems - Global Financial Unauthorized ACH debit New York New York

I noticed my checking account was low, so I asked for a report of activity for the month of July. I found two ACH debits of $87 each, two days in a row! I asked the Credit Union who took it out and they said Benefit One.

I don't know who they are and I did not authorize a $87 to be taken out. So I checked the internet. The name does not come up as associated with any website. Then I typed in the Phone number and this badbusinessbureau.com site came up and I immediately knew I have been scammed.

I read the other letters on this site about this scam and all the names it calls themselves. They have my banking information and I never gave it to them.

I followed the advice I found on this site and by filling out an Unauthorized debit form, I was able to get my money back. I gave the CU a copy of this website and the report I found.

Now, do you want to know how easy it is for them to take money out of your account, even when you do not authorize it? All they need is the information that is located on checks! That's it! The Banks use no security practices to make sure that you, (their customer) is safe from scams like this. For two days in a row my CU accepted these debits!

So now I will be checking once a week to be sure there are no more Unauthorized debits. I suggested to them if they do not want to pay out a boat load of money to all these people being scammed, then they need to beef up their security.

Michelle
Leavenworth, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2004 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-One-Benefits-Benefit-One-Avalon-Systems-Global-Financial/New-York-New-York-10103-0001/Prime-One-Benefits-Benefit-One-Avalon-Systems-Global-Financial-Unauthorized-ACH-debi-100382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime One Benefits - Benefit One - Avalon Systems - Global Financial