Complaint Review: Prime One Financial

• Submitted: Wed, May 12, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 12, 2004

• Reported By:Clear Lake Iowa
Prime One Financial
363 7th Avenue New York, New York U.S.A.

Prime One Financial THIS IS A RIPOFF - DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION - HANG UP! New York New York

If you are contacted by this company HANG UP!!!!! My boss was contacted at home by this company and given the speach about receiving a credit card with up to $2,500 credit limit. He told them to contact his office manager (me) at the office and gave them permission to speak with me and get the necessary information.

The company NEVER contacted the office, and continued to call him at home on numerous occassions, evening go so far as to say they HAD spoken with me, which he verified they had not.

I told him NOT to give them any information, as it sounded very fishy to me and that I wanted to speak with them and research their information, but he did not remember their name. Typically, they will just charge your new credit card any fees when it is issued.

I left work early one day, and they called right after I left (ESP?) and he thought it sounded good, so he gave them our banking information.

Luckily, he wrote notes down, and got their phone number and name and I did research on them when I came in the next morning and found this web site. THANK GOD!!!!

We were able to call our bank, and closed the account and opened a new one to avoid any multiple or extra charges. The bank issued new checks free of charge and all within minutes of calling.

We were lucky we called right away, as we did not lose any money.

Please do research on any cards before giving any information, if the name does not come up, try typing in the phone number in google search. I came up with a few when typing the name, but they have multiple names, and when I typed the phone number in the search at google, many more complaints were listed.

Dennis
Clear Lake, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2004 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-One-Financial/New-York-New-York-10001/Prime-One-Financial-THIS-IS-A-RIPOFF-DO-NOT-GIVE-ANY-INFORMATION-HANG-UP-New-York-New-91135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime One Financial