Complaint Review: Prime Peripherals and Symantec

• Submitted: Sun, January 06, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, July 12, 2004

• Reported By:San Jose CA
Prime Peripherals and Symantec
See Other Reports - California for Syman San Jose, California U.S.A.

Prime Peripherals Rebate and Symantec System Works Rebates is a rip-off

*Consumer Suggestion: I got mine... however I no longer have it.

*Consumer Comment: WHEN DO I GET MY REBATE BACK FROM NORTON ANTUVIRUS2004

prime peripherals modem offer offer is a rip-off, as is the Symantec Rebate.

I submitted the Prime Periphreals rebate offer over 3 months ago, and nothing. I was searching the Website for Prime Peripherals because their windows driver has an issue and came across a complaint on this website. I felt it my duty to enter mine. I have had the similar experience, as some of their customers as indicated by the hit at this website. Bad Business practices. Bad! Bad!

In addition I purchsed Symantec SystemWorks and submitted their rebate offer only to have them indicate I had omited some needed information. Like the old CD from another application, first page of its manual, etc. None of this was on the rebate offer as a requirement for the rebate. An why would I send the CD for one application in order to get the rabate. I would have to take the rebate and use it to re-buy the application I sent to them in the form of the original CD. I called them, at the 1-800 number as instructed. Got an answering machine and left a message, no one has called me in 3 weeks. On top of that they had my last name as "Giugan" and not Colligan. They seem to get everything right execpt for the last name. Which was clearly spelled. I even called their office here in CA, and was instructed to call customer service which I had 45 Minute wait, 30 Minute wait, another 30 minute wait. Bad Business Practices!

Thomas
San Jose, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-Peripherals-and-Symantec/San-Jose-California/Prime-Peripherals-Rebate-and-Symantec-System-Works-Rebates-is-a-rip-off-10803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime Peripherals and Symantec

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I got mine... however I no longer have it.

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

I recently purchased the professional version of Norton Anti-virus and was given two rebates to submit. The first one was through the store and symantec, and it came quickly with no problem. The second one did require that I had a previous competitor's product of a previous product from them. I sent it in, and noticed online that it had been declined. I called the number and they told me why. The customer support tech. walked me through the process of printing out a screen to prove I had a previous year's version of antivirus. I then got my rebate promptly. Keep trying to contact them, you will hopefully get yours. I think there is a website you can to go to check the status of your rebate, however I no longer have it. Good luck.