Complaint Review: Prime Peripherals

• Submitted: Fri, July 27, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2001

• Reported By:
Prime Peripherals
283A Center Street Holbrook, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Prime Peripherals DVD-ROM rebate ripoff *Consumer suggestion to get your money back

*0: I finally received rebates for Prime Peripherals products

I purchased a Prime Peripherals 10x DVD-ROM drive at CompUSA last December (2001) for $94.99+tax. This was advertised in their weekly catalog as having a $35 rebate.

I posted the rebate on 12/19/00, having complied with all the terms and conditions. It was supposed to be completed within 6-8 weeks. Still no sign of it 30 weeks later.

I called the TCA Rebate company (fulfillment company) and they told me I needed to contact Prime Peripherals directly.

If you've tried doing that, you know how many attempts it can take.

Eventually, I spoke with them in March. They said the rebates were being processed and I should get it in 10 days. Nothing came. I called again in May and was told I should get it in 4 weeks. Nothing came.

I called again in June and was told "the CompUSA rebates hadn't been processed yet". They did not even check my individual status, they just asked where I purchased the product and then gave me this answer. I told them how pissed off I was and that I expected to see it within 4 weeks. They said "more like 8".

Still nothing has arrived and we're nudging August 2001.

I've filed complaints with the BBB and OAG about these people because it seems I'm not the first this has happened to. I hope that someone is able to count up how many people are being affected by this and maybe get some group action happening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-Peripherals/Holbrook-Massachusetts-02343/Prime-Peripherals-DVD-ROM-rebate-ripoff-Consumer-suggestion-to-get-your-money-back-5933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime Peripherals

#1 0

I finally received rebates for Prime Peripherals products

AUTHOR: - ()

OKie CORP d/b/a "PRIME PERIPHERALS" GOING BANKRUPT.

Last week, I finally received rebates for Prime Peripherals products purchased in February and March at Office Max and Staples after complaining in writing to the presidents of both retailers and the Federal Trade Commission.

Others may not have received theirs, so now is the time to act. Another person received the following message from the rebate fulfillment company yesterday:

< Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 10:30:37 -0500
From: customerservice3@Parago.Com

Thank you for your inquiry.

Even though Prime Peripherals has announced they are going into bankruptcy, all valid rebates will be honored. The funding is being put together to pay the rebates now and should be coming through in the next week or two.

As soon as we receive that funding we will begin printing and sending out the checks, which should take approximately 15 business days to get into the mail from the time we receive funding.

Sincerely,
Lanny
Customer Services
PO Box 9022
Coppell, TX 75019>>

If others have outstanding rebates, they shouldn't wait; otherwise, they may be out of luck once the bankruptcy is filed in court. I would suggest that they write to the presidents of Office Max and Staples immediately with proof of their submissions.

Staples: Ronald L. Sargent, President & COO, Staples Inc. 500 Staples Dr., Framingham, MA 01702

OfficeMax: Gary J. Peterson, President, OfficeMax Inc., 3605 Warrensville, Center Rd., Shaker Heights, OH 44122
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC