Complaint Review: Prime Peripherals

• Submitted: Sun, August 05, 2001
  • Updated: Sun, August 05, 2001

• Reported By:Shawnee OK
Prime Peripherals
P.O. Box 821 New Rochelle, New York U.S.A.

Prime Peripherals Rebate=stealing from customers

My complaint is much the same as everyone else who has posted a rip-off report against Prime Peripherals and their scam of a rebate offer. I purchased a 100-pack of CD-R with the agreement that I would receive a $20.00 rebate. I mailed the required items by registered mail 2 days after my purchase. I received the Postage domestic return receipt signed by Keith Rudolph saying my rebate was received by Prime Peripherals March 26, 2001. I also received the following email:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----- Original Message ----->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
From: TCA Rebates
To: vaw9**ch@cha*****.com
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 7:32 PM

Thank you for participating in our $20.00 rebate promotion.

Your rebate request has been APPROVED

You will be receiving your rebate in approximately 8 weeks

Thank you for participating in our rebate offer !

To check the status of your rebate - click here ! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's been over 4 months and I still haven't received my promised rebate.

After several phone calls and being lead on a wild goose chase, I was told my check would be mailed within 4-6 weeks. Then, as instructed by the person who finally took my phone call, I wrote emails that went unanswered. I finally received an email yesterday from Rebateline@aol.com telling me to take the issue up with Staples.

Add my name to the Prime Peripherals victim list. I thought victimizing consumers was illegal. Since there is obviously no consumer redress concerning this type of behavior, I will never make another purchase trusting the promise of a rebate. In other words, I won't be letting the same dog bite me twice.

This is a very good example as to why we have too much government controls in our lives; companies like Prime Peripheral taking advantage of people and government being forced to protect consumers through legislative action.

Val Wilson

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-Peripherals/New-Rochelle-New-York-10802-0821/Prime-Peripherals-Rebatestealing-from-customers-6035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime Peripherals