Complaint Review: Prime Peripherals/OfficeMax

• Submitted: Sun, January 13, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, January 13, 2002

• Reported By:Longwood Fl
Prime Peripherals/OfficeMax
Okie Corp., Holbrook, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Prime Peripherals/OfficeMax Rebate Rip-off: CD-R 10 Pack $7.00

I sent for a $7.00 rebate on a Prime Peripherals CD-R 10 pack bought from OfficeMax in December 2000. I am still waiting for my rebate.

On June 25th. 2001 I called TCA Rebates who were handling it and they confirmed that my request had been received and is valid, but said that they cannot send me the check because rebates for Prime Peripherals products are now being mailed directly by Prime Peripherals.

That same day I checked the Prime Peripherals website and found a message that all questions about product rebates should be sent to johnm@primeperipherals.com so I sent him the full details. needless to say, I received no reply.

On January 12th. 2002 I sent email messages to both johnm@primeperipherals.com and okie02343@primeperipherals.com. Both have been returned with the message, "unable to connect to host". Similarly the Prime Peripherals website is also down.

I am going to try to get my rebate from OfficeMax. If they don't give it to me they can kiss me goodbye. Does anyone know if Prime Peripherals is being investigated for mail fraud?

Fred,
Longwood, Florida

Primerica

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Primerica

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on manufactures and retailers not giving you the rebates they promised and advertised.

*EDitorial: Click here to read The Marketing Rebate Rip Off ...Manufactures invent reasons not to pay the consumer their rebate

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-PeripheralsOfficeMax/Holbrook-Massachusetts-02343/Prime-PeripheralsOfficeMax-Rebate-Rip-off-CD-R-10-Pack-700-11430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime Peripherals/OfficeMax