Complaint Review: Prime TV / Direct TV

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2001

• Reported By:Boise ID
Prime TV / Direct TV
125 Murray Hill Road, Suite H Southern Pines, North Carolina U.S.A.

Prime TV / Direct TV rip-off false advertising

In August 2001, we signed up for Direct TV. We were told that we would receive a $140 rebate for using a Prime TV authorized installer. We were also told that the installation wouldn't cost more than the $140. They advertised that there was Free Installation. We were also told that a $12 Radio Shack antenna would ensure that we received local stations. It cost $250 for the installation and after 3 different antennas which cost $20, $80 and $120, we still had to subscribe to cable TV to get the local channels at an additional $20 per month.

Since August 13, 2001, we have been trying to get our Rebate. We have received two letters asking that we send additional documentation (which was already provided with the initial application). I sent everything they asked for three times, only to find out by calling (all day long) for the status of our rebate, that they now required a copy of the cancelled check that was paid to the installer! I was told by the customer service person that if I faxed a copy of the check, as soon as they got it our Rebate would be processed. I called 4 times this morning and finally got a real person (the rudest person in the world) who told me I can not fax them anything and after they received my check in the mail, it would take up to 6-8 weeks to process. I asked for a manager, left a message on his voice mail and have yet to hear back from him.

Notwithstanding the billing screwups we have had to endure by them sending our bill to the wrong address and having it returned back to them, then cutting off our service because we didn't pay, charging us a late fee and reinstallation charges which they refused to waive, paying for and never receiving the Direct TV guide, we have been patiently waiting to receive our rebate so we can discontinue service. Additionally, we will fight until the end of time should they try to charge our credit card $150 for terminating service within 12 months.

When and how are these people going to be forced to conduct business appropriately?

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on DirecTV

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-TV-Direct-TV/Southern-Pines-North-Carolina-28387/Prime-TV-Direct-TV-rip-off-false-advertising-9125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime TV / Direct TV