Complaint Review: Prime TV LLC

• Submitted: Fri, October 18, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, February 22, 2003

• Reported By:East Point GA
Prime TV LLC
125 Murray Hill Road, Suite H Southern Pines, North Carolina U.S.A.

Prime TV Satellite Television Systems LLC false promises ripoff Southern Pines North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: mail receipt

Entered into contractual agreement with PrimeTV to receive DirecTV satellite service. I was promised verbally and in writing a rebate of $140 after installation. The system was installed 4/2/02. I paid the installers with a personal check.

I submitted the required "Installation Voucher & Activation Form" to PrimeTV a few days later in order to process my rebate within the 60 day time period allowed.

I received a reject letter on 4/18/02 stating I needed to submit a copy of a DirecTV bill paid by me. I sent a copy of a paid DirecTV bill and another copy of my "Installation Voucher & Activation Form" to PrimeTV on 4/25/02.

On 5/17/02, I received another reject letter. This one stated I did not supply proof of payment of installation. I called their customer service and was told I needed to send in a copy of the cancelled check used to pay the installers. That cost me $14.00 because my credit union keeps all cancelled checks.

On 5/28/02, I sent a scathing letter with a copy of my cancelled check and copies of all the other documents to PrimeTV via certified mail, return receipt requested. I also sent copies of everything to DirecTV, Inc.

PrimeTV received and signed for my letter and attachments on 5/30/02. This was within the 60 day time frame PrimeTV imposed. I should have received my rebate within 10 to 14 days from that date.

But, no rebate has been received. I called their customer service reps on 8/10/02, 8/23/02, 9/6/02 and 9/23/02. Each time I was told that the company had created a new database and that my account was in the old database. Each representative stated he/she would print out my rebate approval and give it to accounting for check production.

I called them today, 10/18/02, and disconnected three times and finally told that their customer service department was swamped and that they would call me back. I gave them my work and home numbers. I don't think I will hear from them. I hate to think that I will have to kiss $140 goodbye. Live and learn.

Ruth
East Point, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2002 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-TV-LLC/Southern-Pines-North-Carolina-28387/Prime-TV-Satellite-Television-Systems-LLC-false-promises-ripoff-Southern-Pines-North-Caro-32876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime TV LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

mail receipt

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

At least you had the good sense to get a mail receipt,I didn't. I should have gotten all the papers I had to send notarized. My hindsight is 20-20. Contact attorney general and file a complaint about this company, I am.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC