Complaint Review: Prime financial Services

• Updated: Sat, September 25, 2010

• Reported By: blessen — PHILADELPHIA Pennsylvania USA
Prime financial Services
101 golden ave. sydney, Select State/Province Canada

Prime financial Services Ann Smith 1778-323-3748 I lost my money 4800 Sydney, Australia

*Consumer Comment: I agree

*Consumer Comment: Common fake check scam.

Respected Sir,

I got a letter from Prime Financial Services (101 Golden Ave, Sydney NS, Canada B3L3C5) on July 22nd  2010  saying that I won a lottery of  $ 450,000. With this letter ,there was a check of $ 4,800 which had my name and address on it. The letter said that I have to contact the claims agent  Ann Smith @ 1778-323 3748. There by I contact this Person Ann smith at the 1778-323-3748 and I was asked to deposit this check ($4,800) to my bank account. Also I asked  to contact the same person when this money is available in my bank accoTD Bank Account . According to what she said , I deposited the check  to my account on July 26th . I again contact Ann smith and she said  I have to sent tax amount $ 3,860 to Two persons named  Louis Keith and  Joyce Sreeman at 222 West Ave Malaga Spain  Through Western Union.(each person $ 1930)

On July 27th Money was available on my account. Then  I withdrew  $ 4,100  and I  sent money to Louis Keith and Joyce sreeman (1930 each person).She called me back after they received money and I was asked to sent $ 2,500 again to one of the above persons for insurance. I didnt send any money after that because I thought there is something wrong in this. When I checked my account on July 29th , I came to know that the check was alternated and the check was returned by the bank. Then I got a negative balance in my account $ - 4100.62. I contacted my bank, I was asked to complain in police Department and FBI And General Attorney Office. I complained  in police department on July 29th . Police Ref No: 10-07-29223.I complaint in western union fraud department.  I Really need your help. My bank account will close with 59 day with negative balance then I will loss my credit History. So please help me to avoid my bankruptcy and get my money back. Thank You Very Much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2010 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-financial-Services/sydney-Select-StateProvince-b3l3c5/Prime-financial-Services-Ann-Smith-1778-323-3748-I-lost-my-money-4800-Sydney-Australia-643967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime financial Services

I agree

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

I used to get these in the mail and knew it was a scam. I ripped it up and threw it in the trash. You should of had western union or money gram do a stop transaction .

Common fake check scam.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

This scam is pretty typical these days.   Sorry to say, you'll probably never see that money again.   When you send money transfers through places like Western Union and Moneygram, it's the same as handing cash to a stranger.   There is no paper trail.   That's why scammers insist on it and the transfer agencies have signs at their locations telling you not to send money transfers to strangers.  The additional complication of having sent the money out of the country means that U.S. law enforcement will be able to do little about it.

I'm afraid you're going to have to bite the bullet on this one.  You are ultimately responsible for checks and money orders that you deposit into your account.   The bank is required by law to make funds available to you before the check actually clears (a supposed consumer protection law that makes this particular scam work).