Complaint Review: PrimeOne Financial

• Updated: Tue, July 27, 2004

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
PrimeOne Financial
363 7TH AVE NY,NY10001 // 61 E 8TH STNY,NY10003 Toronto, Ontario Canada

PrimeOne Financial/VERITECH COMMUNICATIONS ripoff still waiting for my refund Toronto Ontario

I received a call at work in response to my on-line inquiry for a credit card. I was told that because of my current credit situation-I had a discharged bankruptcy last year-that PrimeOne Financial was willing to offer me a $1000 "credit card" at an introductory low rate. All I needed to do is authorize a withdrawal from my checking account for $197.

The date expected for the withdrawal passed and I called PrimeOne Financial to check on the status of my "credit card" application wondering if perhaps my request didn't go through. I was told give it time. Within a couple of days the withdrawal went through.

I was told that I could expect my credit care in about three weeks time. After about a month from my initial contact with PrimeOne Financial,I phoned PrimeOne Financial again to check the status of my "credit card".
I was told it will take time to confirm the withdrawal. I offered to fax a confirmation from my bank. I was told again give it time.

After about 6 weeks called again, same response...it takes time.
Finally after about 8 weeks I got a package in the mail from PrimeOne Fianacial. It was a folder of information. It contained discount offers and programs to rebuild your credit. There was even an offer to apply for a credit card. I called PrimeOne Financial again and asked "Where's my credit card?"

They said I could apply for it...but that the amount was not determined until I applied...I told them I did not sign up for a financial rebuilding program. I was offered a $1000 credit card. I asked about the $1000 which I was told that I was predetermined to be given based on my credit situation and payment for the fee. They said they deal with several banks and that would be between me and that bank.I would have to call when I actually received the credit card to have proper identification of the bank to get further assistance.

I told them I wanted to cancel and get my money back I was told to return the package and I would get a full refund.

It has been another month...I called one more time and was told it can take up to 10 weeks to process my refund.

I also found out the phone number I had been calling is for Toronto Ontario CANADA to a VERITECH COMMUNICATIONS Company . I did not realize I was calling Canada until I got my phone bill!

I returned and received the package from an adress in the United States of America.

I have emailed PrimeOne Financial at info@primeonebenefits.com
to have a written correspondance. I cc:d both our local Better Business Bureaus and the Better Business Bureau of Canada.

I am still waiting for my refund. The 10 weeks will pass in about two more weeks.

Laurie
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2004 04:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PrimeOne-Financial/Toronto-Ontario-M4T1N5/PrimeOne-FinancialVERITECH-COMMUNICATIONS-ripoff-still-waiting-for-my-refund-Toronto-Onta-100713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PrimeOne Financial