Complaint Review: PrimeTV/ Direct TV

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, September 17, 2003

• Reported By:fall river Massachusetts
PrimeTV/ Direct TV
125 Murray Hill Road Suite H Southern Pines, North Carolina U.S.A.

Prime TV rebate ripoff, false promises, deceptive company anyone considering signing up with either DirecTV or PrimeTV don't. Southern Pines North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Keep calling for rebate

*Consumer Comment: PrimeTV or Direct TV?

*UPDATE Employee: PrimeTV is NOT DirecTV

*Consumer Suggestion: BE CAREFULL, THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY !

*UPDATE Employee: Don't blame DirecTV, Blame Prime TV

I hooked up with DirecTV in November of 2002 my install was done on 11/22/02 I followed all the requirements to get my $99.00 rebate and was promised it within 2 weeks of installation by the rep from DirecTV.

When I didn't receive it after 4 weeks DirecTV didn't want to have anything to do with this ( even though they keep billing for my monyhly service. So now I am dealing with the liars from PrimeTV my wife has called at least 8 times in the past 2 months and we keep getting the promise of it's being processed. Just today we have found out it was approved on December 11, but nobody knows when we will see the money.
My opinion to anyone considering signing up with either DirecTV or PrimeTV don't fall for the rebate pitfall make them give it to you up front or better yet don't waste your time dealing with them go to a reputable company because obviously they don't care about their customers at all.

Kenney
Fall River, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2003 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PrimeTV-Direct-TV/Southern-Pines-North-Carolina-28387/Prime-TV-rebate-ripoff-false-promises-deceptive-company-anyone-considering-signing-up-wi-48003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PrimeTV/ Direct TV

AUTHOR: Carla - (U.S.A.)

Keep calling and bugging Prime TV for your rebate check. I received my rebate check yesterday after months of calling and complaining.

PrimeTV or Direct TV?

AUTHOR: Carla - (U.S.A.)

Please explain to me why our beef is not with Direct TV. When I called last week, checking once again on my rebate check that was approved in February 2003, I called the number given to me for checking on the rebate. When I threatened to call Mr. David Hagen at home, as suggested by another consumer who supplied these numbers, I was told my rebate would be mailed in seven to ten days. Same story about 100th verse. Immediately after I hang up the phone, it rings. I check my caller ID and the display shows the number and, yes, the party that is calling me back. Guess what, it was Direct TV. I was told that the party calling was a supervisor, my check would be mailed in seven to ten days and if I called Mr. Hagen at home, I would be charged with phone harassment because he has a tracer on his line. If our beef is with Prime TV, then why was the return phone call from a supervisor at Direct TV? If they are not the same, then why does Direct TV continue to let themselves be associated with a company that will not honor the rebates?

PrimeTV is NOT DirecTV

AUTHOR: Isaiah - (U.S.A.)

PrimeTV is an independant retailer of DirecTV equipment. Why do customers complain of DirecTV because of PrimeTV? If Wal-Mart promised a you a "buy 1 get 1 free" Sony DVD player and didn't fulfill it, would you go to Wal-Mart or the Sony manufacturers to complain? This is obviously a question not very many can answer without DirecTV's assistance. Working for DirecTV, I take many complaints on PrimeTV and don't mind them at all, it's when our customers opt to blame DirecTV and after educating them otherwise, they continue increasing our call volume. I have other customers to assist, have PrimeTV assist those customers. The best thing I may tell these indiviuals is to purchase equipment directly from DirecTV. I have NEVER (and I strongly stand by this by this) had a complaint about any purchased equipment from DirecTV. Shop around people, don't just buy from the first commercial you see (and if you do, get your facts straight before complaining) - investigate.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

BE CAREFULL, THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY !

AUTHOR: Sat - (U.S.A.)

I install many of Prime systems thru a national installation company. Now I know for a fact these people are trying their dangest not to give the rebate, but I can assure you that every system I install has a completed Rebate Form, signed with more than enough information on the customer's account.

DirecTv is not the problem, it is the retailers who lie and scam to get people to buy these systems. Now why in the world you people don't shop around before you purchased doesn't make sense to me. I know there are several thousand reputupal retailers who don't try and scam people, DTV is a great company , and there is no way that cable can compete with the picture quality and price. Be careful when purchasing something, heck my grandmother taught me that 30 years ago.

Thanks for letting me have an opinion in this matter.

Don't blame DirecTV, Blame Prime TV

AUTHOR: Blade - (U.S.A.)

I understand your frustration about not recieving your rebate. The rebate that you are to be recieving is from PrimeTV for the installation and the equipment.

You did not purchase your equipement from us so why would we send you the rebate.

I'm a Supervisor and I hear this all the time. You are still responsible for your bill and services. We will continue to bill you because we handle your programming not you equipment..

There is process that we follow whenever you call us about your rebate. We would not have over 11 million customers by doing the kind of business that you are accusing of us. Before you shoot blame, make sure that all your facts are straight...

Peace,

Hope you get your rebate!!!