Complaint Review: Primecast

• Reported By: Mark — blaine Minnesota United States of America
Primecast
Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America

Primecast Over billing, lies about no contract Pompano Beach, Florida

Call primecast because I was unhappy with my local cable companies offerings to current customers. I figured if I liked them I'd stay, if I didn't I'd leave in 4 months to get the good deals form my local cable company. go on line and select their no contract 59.99 a month plan. They call and confirm the plan and set a install date. Guy comes and installs and is the first one to tell me I can't have whole house dvr or dtvtopc.. uhh.. alright. I am suppose to be able to have those. He says due to the way their system is setup it does not work that way here.  So... Figuring I'll hang with them the 4 months until I can get the new customer rates I put up with it. it snows.. dish goes out for 12+ hours. Normally I'd clean the dish off myself but in this park it's 500 feet away behind a locked fence. Maintance is moving snow and does not have time to clean the dish. Finely the sun comes out and warms the dish and service returns. [continued below]....
..... by this time I had already called the cable company. higher rates or not, at least it works. They install next day. I remove the primecast box and rebox it for pickup. I had had primecast for about 1 week. I call their 24/7 center to cancel at 12:30 am. no can do. call back tomorrow. I work nights so this means getting up during day time hours to call. few days later I manage to drag my but out of bed and do what I thought was cancel. 2 weeks later I get a phone call. it's a recording from directv saying they are taking over billing. billing of what??? I call them to tell them to come get their box. They say ok and cancel the account again. I get 2 bills in the mail. One from prime cast for 189 dollars, one from directv for 200.. Seems even though I signed up for no contract, PRIMECAST toke it appon themselves to sign me up for a 12 month agreement. All my e-mails and bills from primecast say "no contract" directv don't care. Give us our money! Primecast don't care "directv pulled our contract. nothing we can do" so I am going to send DTV copies of all my bills and confirmations showing no contracts and ignore their bills.
Avoid prime cast at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2012 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primecast/-Pompano-Beach-Florida-33064/Primecast-Over-billing-lies-about-no-contract-Pompano-Beach-Florida-869685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primecast