Complaint Review: Primecast

• Submitted: Wed, April 25, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Sport — New Port Richey Florida United States of America
3800 Park Central Blvd North Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America

Primecast DirecTV changeover back from Primecast--double billing and non-responsiveness Pompano Beach, Florida

We are the victims of the Primecast/DirecTV boondoggle along with many thousands of others who were switched against our wishes from DirecTV to Primecast last year (April 2011).  Fortunately, this does not affect our INternet and Phone Services, just Satellite services.  As has been reported earlier in this blog, we have been switched back to DirecTV and received our first new total bill from them on April 2, 2012.  The problem is  that Primecast automatically deducted from our checking account (I was signed up for autopay with Bank of America ) their usual monthly amount.   Guess what?  The billing periods overlapped and I was double charged for 10 days of service from DirecTV.  B of A cannot/will not stop future charges from Primecast to my checking account; Primecast has to terminate the requests.  B of A will put in a stop payment in effect for one occurrence only, charging me the customer $30.00 to do so with no guarantee it will work!

My concern is that I will continue to automatically be charged on a monthly basis by Primecast.  Attempts to contact them are fruitless--the phone numbers given in their billing statements send you to DirectV,  who disavow any responsibility for the double charges.  They say contact Primecast!  The Primecast web site appears to be unresponsive; all you can get is a page that lets you "contact them" by email.  How do I stop them???

I sent them an email via their web site plus I am sending a registered letter to their offices in Pompano. Beach and Atlanta, GA. with copies of the bills from both companies, the letter from DirectV, and my letter to them telling them ot cease and desist.  I will updaste this scenario as it develops.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primecast/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33064/Primecast-DirecTV-changeover-back-from-Primecast-double-billing-and-non-responsiveness-P-873482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primecast