Complaint Review: Primecell-Cunard Associates Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, August 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Ted — Overland Park Kansas United States of America
Primecell-Cunard Associates Inc.
9343 US Rt. 220 Bedford, Pennsylvania United States of America

Primecell-Cunard Associates Inc. Their Claims for rebuilding Batteries to be Stronger & Lasting Longer than new are NOT TRUE! Bedford, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: 18V Milwaukee Batteries FAIL...

*Consumer Comment: Primecell/Cunard battery rebuild

Here are the company's EXACT & ACTUAL claims, copy and pasted, off their web site:

"for rebuild service that includes improved performance at reduced cost.    We make them work like they should."

"We improve capacity to exceed the original."

"We do all this for less than the cost of a new battery pack."

"Our rebuilding service has often been renowned as "better than new"."

"We provide extended life to equipment"

" We want you to save money - and get a better product."

"You can only receive your own equipment, repaired to standards that meet or exceed the original condition."

" it is common to see 2 to 3 times as much operating time."

I sent 2- 18 Volt Cordless NiCad Dewalt batteries to them for rebuilding.  NEITHER were more powerful or stronger than the original ones bought from Dewalt.   In less than a year, I sent one of them back to them because it went powerless and wouldn't hold a charge very long.  They called today and said we can rebuild it for you AGAIN, but we will charge you AGAIN.

They charge $48 plus shipping to rebuild a battery, which is very near what you can buy the exact new batteries for in a two pack so money was not the attraction I was after.  I was after more power and longer run times which I received NEITHER.

I normally don't post on these type sites, and probably would not have if Sandy the owner would have been polite, helpful and customer service oriented.  She simply said I am not going to help you at all because you are out of your 90 day warranty period.    Either they need to take down some of their claims off THEIR web site, or learn what customer service is about.   I use several of these type batteries in my business and know what a stronger and longer lasting battery is.  Their's are NOT!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primecell-Cunard-Associates-Inc/Bedford-Pennsylvania-15522/Primecell-Cunard-Associates-Inc-Their-Claims-for-rebuilding-Batteries-to-be-Stronger-L-934353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primecell-Cunard Associates Inc.

18V Milwaukee Batteries FAIL...

AUTHOR: Cary - (USA)

I had two batteries rebuilt and both lasted a year. They just want more money to rebuild. A big rip off...

Primecell/Cunard battery rebuild

AUTHOR: Thurman - ()

I beg to differ with the complaintant--I own/operate a "HandyMan" business and have many 18vDC battery powered tools, most of these are the DeWalt line of tools. I have had nine (9) of my 18vDC DeWalt XP battery's rebuilt by Primecell/Cunard Industries and have had success with each on in regards to more power, shorter charge time, and longer run times. I also do business with a major "blue color theme", nut/bolt/fastener company and receiver a contractors pricing from this business. I cannot buy an 18vDC DeWalt XP anywhere near the pricing that Primecell/Cunard offers me. I have done my research into these batteries and found out that the standard DeWalt 18vDC XP battery comes from the factory with 1200mAH (micro-Amp Hours) of power. This would be like comparing a car battery to the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) of the battery. The batteries that I have had rebuilt with Primecell come back to me with 2400cAH or power, or double the CCA if it were a car battery. I have had some of these batteries for over five (5) years now with no problems to this date. I'm sorry you have had problems with this company as I surely have not had any problems with them and will continue to use them.  Thanks, Thurman