Complaint Review: Primerica Financial Services

• Updated: Mon, September 27, 2004

• Reported By:Bensalem Pennsylvania
Primerica Financial Services
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

PFS Citigroup Primerica Ripoff college students embellishing job descriptions Conshohocken Pennsylvania
*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.

I have heard alot of good and bad about Primerica Financial Services aka PFS Citigroup. My personal experience with this company was not positive, and I ended dealing with them feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, and quite frankly, used. I am submitting this report merely to detail my own experience so that others can learn, and determine on their own whether or not to engage this firm.

I recently graduated from college with a BSBA in Management, and extensive experience with Information Technology. I have been battling with a difficult job market and an industry dying due to tight budgets and offshore outsourcing, Interviews, let alone, offers are really hard to come by. One day this past summer, a Primerica representative left a voice message for me. He stated in the message that my resume had been reviewed, and that he felt I was very qualified for a position in business development and marketing at PFS Citigroup. Upon returning his call, this person invited me the very next day for an interview.

Upon arriving at the Primerica suite, I was surprised to see so many other people there. I looked around, and noticed that a room had been prepped with a projector and many chairs. Later on, everyone was shuffled in there, and someone ranted for a good hour about the woes of Corporate America, and the wonderful and lucrative opportunity that Primerica offerred. Ensuing discussions about the "opportunity" were very abstract. Sample compensation figures were given, based on hypothetical situations. The only down-to-earth number thrown out was the $199 training fee. Lastly, the presenter told a story some kid who didn't have $199, and how a Primerica rep convinced his grandmother to lend it to him. In the process, Primerica helped her to invest some of her savings, and everyone was happily ever after. My reaction: What kind of job must this be if YOU MUST PAY for it? I want a job, so I CAN EARN MONEY.

One other point worth nothing: It seemed as if everyone there who worked for Primerica ranted and raved about how much money they were making. I can distinctly recall 3 reps practically bragging to me about how well off they were doing. One person disclosed to me in her office that she was making a six-figure salary, and was close to purchasing a '67 Corvette, her dream car. She implied that a career with Primerica could allow me to fulfill my wildest financial dreams. I wasn't impressed by their almost obsession with money. Frankly, in my opinion, there's more to life than expensive cars, homes, and vacations.

Primerica utterly misrepresented the job description. The ways in which their representatives conduct themselves is outrageous. No professional goes around bragging about his or her income. There is something wrong with this company, and I chose to avoid them. A month later another Primerica rep called me for an interview, and I just hung up while he was trying to sell me. He then called back, and left a message. I deleted it without listening to the first second. The End.

Philadelphia Area, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2004 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primerica-Financial-Services/Conshohocken-Pennsylvania/PFS-Citigroup-Primerica-Ripoff-college-students-embellishing-job-descriptions-Conshohocken-110436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primerica Financial Services