• Report: #207559

• Updated: Wed, August 23, 2006

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
1280 Finch Avenue West Toronto, Ontario Canada

Primerica ripoff Toronto Ontario
*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.

I was looking for a receptionist position using Internet for a couple of weeks. Once I got a call from a person whose name was Sam and who invited me for an interview.I wasn't sure if I had ever emailed my resume to Primerica (I used to keep all of the sent messages on my account, and I didn't find anything emailed to Primerica) or even heard about this company, but I decided to go there just in the matter of curiosity.
I was inteviewed by Sam, the person who called me, and advised that they have two-step interview system I have to pass to get a desired position.

He said that I successfully passed my first interview,and in a couple of days I got another call from him that was the actual invitation for the second interview. Sam also told me that for this interview I need to bring two pieces of my ID and Visa (credit card); the last item especcially picked my attention (which is no wonder :))); I have never dealed with companies that require any IDs along with credit cards.

There were a lot of people waiting for interviews this evening.Primerica's stuff wrote our names and names of those who invited us.

In about 15 minutes, they asked all of us to go into a big room and settle down. Some guys from Primerica stuff started telling about the company, expressing their huge excitement and encouraging us to join their team.
They said brifely about opportunity to get Primerica's licence and a price for it which was $199 plus GST.

Most of the time, I had to hear about how much
they actually earn per year, how independent they are, how stupid it is to obtain certificates, diplomas and everything regarding the opportunity to get educated.
I was feeling that was a big Bull****, but I still was curious about how it is going to end up.

This presentation took about 2 hours. As soon as it was done, they said we have to wait for our interviwers.
Some people wanted to contact their relatives because no one could expect this "interview" would take so much time. Primerica didn't have any working telephone, so one of its representatives gave his own cell phone standing in front of those who were using it.

Just in a couple of moments, Sam asked me to come in.
He was trying to make this mess more "interview like" asking one of the most popular questions, "Why should we hire you?"I repeated everything what I actually said on my first interview, and after his "ok" I was told to give my ID and Visa.

I didn't have any Visa with me, and even couldn't understand the purpose of giving it to my potential employer.He said that ,at first, I have to obtain Primerica's certificate, and after that I could get a position of a receptionist. He sounded hypnotically. I could also make a money order for him; it just was a matter of time.

Of course, I didn't give any money; I just turned my back and left. I am not requiring any lawer's help; I am not a victim after all; however, I would like to alert each and everyone:

If you are invited for an interview, keep in mind that you are the one who is potentialy to be paid.

Toronto, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2006 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primerica/Toronto-Ontario/Primerica-ripoff-Toronto-OntarioUPDATE-Primerica-recognized-by-Rip-off-Report-a-business-207559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primerica