Complaint Review: Primerica

• Updated: Fri, July 15, 2005

• Reported By:Burnaby British Columbia
Primerica
25 King Edward Ave. Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Primerica Waste of My Time, Vague Information Provided, MLM Network Ripoff Vancouver British Columbia Canada
*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.

I am very confused about what to do when confronted with an offer, such as the one I received two days ago over the phone.

A Primerica (sister companies include CitiBank, Citi Financial Services etc.) agent called me at home, stating that they were replying to my resume, posted online at Monster.ca.

Following their 'pitch', which included attending an information session either early Saturday morning or Tuesday evening, I was feeling cautious about the whole thing because the contact information they provided was personal. This told me that though they were a "Primerica employee", they didn't have an office, work telephone number, or work based email address.

Following the telephone call, I did my homework. The opportunity provided here is similar to Mary Kay.

Again, that made me wonder why I was called in the first place. If my resume states that I am looking for temporary employment before I go back to school for a degree in -music-, why would I be interested in a financial company that aims me toward self-employment?

I don't know whether to call this a scam or not, but it certainly wasted my time, caused a fight between me and certain family members, and made me want to report the misguidance being provided.

Kate
Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2005 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primerica/Vancouver-British-Columbia/Primerica-Waste-of-My-Time-Vague-Information-Provided-MLM-Network-Ripoff-Vancouver-Briti-149881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primerica