Complaint Review: Primotronix

• Updated: Sat, March 30, 2013

• Reported By: Laurel — Seattle Washington
Primotronix
1266 East Main St Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Primotronix Did not send me a product and will not return my money Stamford, Connecticut

I placed an order for a digital camera from Primotronix on March 3rd, 2013.  I saw an ad for a great deal with free shipping so I decided to order from them instead of another online retailer.  After not hearing from them or receiving a tracking number for several days I got worried and decided to call to check on the status of my order.  They then informed me that they have 5 business days to respond or contact me regarding my order.  Once they had me on the phone they tried to up sell me on a battery for the camera explaining that the one it comes with only lasts 20 min even though the specs on the manufacturers web site says different.  I began to worry weather this company was legit but since it was such a good deal I persisted.  They agreed to send the camera and assured me that I would have a tracking number by the end of the day.  No tracking number came so I called back two days later, they then informed me that my product was coming straight from the manufacturer and there was nothing they could do, but would get me a tracking number by the end of the day.  Over the next two weeks I contacted them several times trying to receive a tracking number or a status on my order.  At this point the customer service rep was becoming irate and told us to take our business elsewhere.  After thinking about it I decided to do just that and I called them on March 21st, 2013 to cancel my order and told them to refund my card.  They told me it would take 2 to 3 business days.  On the third business day I still did not see a refund, I contacted my bank and they said no credit had been issued so I called Primotronix to see what the holdup was, they then changed the time frame to 5 to 7 business days becoming more combative and irate when I began to question their business practices and threatened to charge me a large restocking fee even though I had not received an item.  All I wanted from them was a refund and they treated me like I was doing them a disservice.  I made one final call on March 29th 2013 and they once again changed their time frame to 7 to 10 days, they assured me that my money will be back in my account on Monday April 1st 2013, I dont believe that this will happen but we will see.  I did some research on the company and found several complaints that were almost identical to my experience.  I also discovered that they have been in business less than a year and have received 33 Better Business complaints.  I believe this company to be a fraud, they prey on people looking for a deal and have no respect for their customers and believe that there are no consequences for their actions.  Google their name and you will find a mountain of complaints that are almost identical to mine.  The best way to make this company accountable for their actions is to file a formal complaint with the federal trade commission go to https://www.FTCComplaintAssistant.gov/ to file.  I hope we can stop this company from scamming or mistreating another customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primotronix/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/Primotronix-Did-not-send-me-a-product-and-will-not-return-my-money-Stamford-Connecticut-1039295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primotronix