Complaint Review: Primotronix

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Jeff — Buffalo New York United States of America
1266 East Main St Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Primotronix wouldnt send my product until I gave a 5 star review Stamford, Connecticut

Terrible...just terrible. I placed an order for a Nikon D7000 Tuesday November 27th. I paid $26 for 3 day shipping and on the 4th day I sent an email requesting the status of my purchase. I had tried calling their phone number 1-800-571-2717 several times but got no answer or a recording saying that this user is not accepting calls at this time. After waiting for 4 days I emailed them requesting some type of information about my order. This afternoon I got an email saying that they needed to further verify my order.

I called several more times and did finally get through to someone at Ext. 506. I asked if I would be refunded my 3 day shipping and was told no, that there was a 3-5 business day processing period and then I would receive it in three days. I was surprised by the representatives blatant lack of regard for my business. He said there were thousands of orders because of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and if I didn't want the camera I can just cancel the order. OK...my fault I didn't realize it would take up to 5 days to put a camera in a box, put a shipping label on the box, and have it picked up by whatever courier they might use.

I was ready to give in, pay the shipping charge, and hope I got my camera by Friday. Then the representative offered me a deal. If I would follow a link sent by him and give them a 5 star review he would ship my package today, and I would have it by the Thursday or Friday at the latest. At first I thought he meant he wanted the review after I received the product...I was wrong. IT WAS A CONDITION OF RECEIVING MY CAMERA in a timely manner. He would not guarantee that it was sent until I filled out a 5 star review for Primotronix. This explains so much! There are no middle ground reviews of Primotronix online. They are 1 star or 5 star reviews.

Instead of providing good customer service they hold your product hostage until you tell everyone else they have good customer service. This company has a phone number that barely works(and if you press 2 for customer service you are disconnected...I have not gotten through to customer service yet), a 2 day turnaround when responding to email, and...oh yeah...the need to force you into giving a good review before sending your product. The service was so bad I feel bad for their employees, as I am sure they will not be in business for very long with this business model. I cancelled my order, and will be posting this on every retailer ratings website I can  find.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primotronix/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/Primotronix-wouldnt-send-my-product-until-I-gave-a-5-star-review-Stamford-Connecticut-977301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primotronix