Complaint Review: Primotronix

• Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Primotronix

Primotronix camera sale scam, Internet

Bait and Switch!! Just after Thanksgiving I went to the web site looking for a Canon SX-50 camera (key feature is 50x zoom). The site offered several optional add-on packages. Interestingly, they all seemed to have the same elements (eg battery, HD card, etc) but for vastly different prices. We ordered the camera and a package, and were assured that the order would be confirmed within 48 hours and that the camera would arrive in 7 days. The feedback was a little confusing about the extra package but we certainly were not bombarded with error notifications.

5 days later (Saturday night at 7pm) we got a call from customer service asking to confirm the credit card and mailing address information. After doing so, I asked about the add-on package price and contents. He said that the web site was "mistaken" about the packages -- contents and pricing. I asked what I was getting and he said "nothing". While he talked I went to the web site and again saw the same package listings -- the company knew about the mistakes but had not yet fixed them.

After some debate, I asked to speak to a supervisor. After more debate, the supervisor agreed to include a battery and HD card in my free package. Back to the customer service rep, I asked about the delivery schedule and was told that since the camera comes from a non-domestic supplier, that it would take at least 3 weeks (rather than 7 days as promised). Since we were leaving on vacation in two weeks, I finally just cancelled the order -- the ONLY action that worked as promised!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primotronix/internet/Primotronix-camera-sale-scam-Internet-1008302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primotronix