Complaint Review: Primus Canada

• Reported By: Carol — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Primus Canada
Nationwide United States of America

Primus Canada Wintel Wintel promised me, Primus won't honour, Nationwide

As a Costco member, I was sent promotional material to join Wintel and receive a very favourable rate.  After talking to a very helpful woman at Wintel I wanted to join up as I could still keep Telus for my basic service but receive a much cheaper service through Wintel.

Before agreeing, I asked the service woman at Wintel what would happen if I no longer wanted the service.  She said that it was no problem, and I could just call in.  I asked are there any penalties?  No she replied, no penalties at all. None I asked again?  None she replied, I should just call up, and they would cancel right away.

I was so pleased with her helpful attitude that I joined and had been happy with Wintel.  I am now getting bills from Primus not Wintel.

Today I decided to go back to Telus and called Primus (the answering voice included Wintel's name in the response) to ask them to end their service.  They asked why and I said that I had decided to go back to Telus.

The fellow on the line told me that I would have to give 30 days notice and be charged for the 30 days!  He told me that this was Primus' policy.  I said that I had joined up with Wintel and repeated the above, that I would be able to just call in and quit like that.

He repeated it wasn't Primus' policy and he couldn't do anything about that. I felt that he acted arrogant with me.

I asked to speak to his Supervisor and he said that he would have the Supervisor call me.  I could hear him smirking at me when he said that.  Is that why 2 hours later I am still waiting for the call back?

Did Primus absorb Wintel or was this a scam to begin with done through Costco?

Shouldn't Wintel's agreement with me carry on into Primus?  I didn't agree to be serviced by Primus, they just took over and started sending bills which I have always paid on time.

I feel that Primus is this big company who really doesn't care about their customers.  I feel ripped off by Wintel for not taking better care of their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primus-Canada/nationwide/Primus-Canada-Wintel-Wintel-promised-me-Primus-wont-honour-Nationwide-579960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primus Canada