Complaint Review: Primus Telecommunications - Lingo

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Andersonville Tennessee
Primus Telecommunications - Lingo
http://www.lingo.com/ McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

Primus Telecommunications - Lingo Misrepresentation And Irresponsibility Misrepresenatation, bogus collections. McLean Virginia

*Author of original report: Update

Several months ago I signed up for Lingo service. Before signing up, I called their sales department to ask some questions about the service. Most importantly I asked if my number was portable. Their representative assured me it was. Within a few days I received a VOIP router from Lingo which I plugged in pending theport of my phone number. A couple of days later I received notice from Lingo that my number was NOT portable. My response to that was that I didn't want the service and at this point I was already a bit angry at Lingo for wasting my time.

When I told them I no longer wanted the service, I asked them about the router and was told to ship it back so I asked them when they were going to send a call tag. When the representative on the phone told me I had to send it back at my own expense, I was infuriated. After all, they were the one that misrepresented their services, but I'm now supposed to pay for their mistakes.

Needless to say, I stood my ground and told them I wasn't going to pay for the router, nor was I going to send it back unless they paid for its return. I followed up with a BBB complaint including a notice for them to reclaim their equipment within 30 days or it will be considered abandoned. Their only response to the BBB was that I refused to return the equipment, but failed to mention that I was basically defrauded into this business transaction by their sales staff.

Since then Primus has been passing my account from one collection agency to the next trying to collect $59.95 for the router. In each case, I've filed yet another BBB complaint against them, and against the collectors for lack of due diligence by accepting accounts from clients that are in dispute.

My patience is now gone. Next time I'm just going to take them to court, and if there are any consumer lawyers out there interested in using this to launch a class action, then I will be very happy to cooperate.

Dn
Andersonville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primus-Telecommunications-Lingo/McLean-Virginia-22102/Primus-Telecommunications-Lingo-Misrepresentation-And-Irresponsibility-Misrepresenatatio-411455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primus Telecommunications - Lingo

Update

AUTHOR: Dn - (U.S.A.)

Lingo continues to pass my account to third party collectors who continue to harass me for a bill that shouldn't exist. BBB complaints have not worked to stop any of it.

Now they've gone a step further by spamming me. As if I would ever consider doing business with an unethical company like theirs.

I am actively seeking any lawyers interested in teaching Primus/Lingo an expensive lesson.