Complaint Review: Primus Telecommunications

• Updated: Tue, June 08, 2010

• Reported By: Albert — Ruckersville Virginia United States of America
Primus Telecommunications

Primus Telecommunications delayed the cancellation of my account. Internet

The small business where I work had been using Primus for long-distance and toll-free calling for years before I got there. In my position, I went through and reviewed all of the company's financial billing and eventually got to Primus. Compared to other long distance companies, they had higher rates as well as numerous fees tacked on for little apparent reason; combined, I was able to save our company about 30% in phone costs by switching away from Primus.

Unfortunately, Primus didn't fully cancel the business account when I called, so we kept receiving bills. I called back again to cancel the whole account, and they canceled other numbers. But I got another bill for $4 and change. I called back and they said they had recorded the cancellation as happening on a later date than when I called (twice) so we had to keep paying. I told them that made no sense since other lines had been canceled and I specifically said to cancel all of them and not just some of them, so why would only a few be canceled and not others?

So I'm pretty unsatisfied with Primus's incomptence and would not recommend them, unless you don't think you would ever switch companies if rates get too high.

I hope the last bill is really the last. But I won't know for another few weeks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2010 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primus-Telecommunications/internet/Primus-Telecommunications-delayed-the-cancellation-of-my-account-Internet-611649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primus Telecommunications