Complaint Review: Princess Cruises - Alaska Airlines - Travelersadvantage.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2007

• Reported By:Huntington beach California
Princess Cruises - Alaska Airlines - Travelersadvantage.com
PO Box 68900 Seatte, Washington U.S.A.

Princess Cruises - Alaska Airlines - Travelersadvantage.com Had to puchase a duplicate airline ticket to get to a Princess cruise vacation. Seattle Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Refund

*Consumer Suggestion: Alaska Airlines required us to buy another ticket. Need to check Reservation before flight.

Alaska airline, Princess cruise line, Travelersadvantage.com;

Unfortunately we had a difficult time even getting to our cruise on our recent vacation. The cruise was planned and paid for by my Father for a group of 13. We printed boarding passes on our computer prior to leaving. When we tried to check our luggage we were told that my husbands reservation had been cancelled, and his ticket had been refunded. We told the counter attendant that she was wrong, and my husband had a reservation. The counter attendant called her supervisor, who also could not locate the reservation in thier computer. We were told my husband could either not go or purchase another duplicate ticket for all 4 flights. Two to Alaska and two to return, which cost $1100.86. We did that rather than ruin a vacation for 13 people. Now we cannot get any of the companies involved to issue a refund. It has been over two months, and we have been refunded about 1/2 of the total amount.

As I mentioned we purchased the tickets rather than miss the whole vacation, when we changed planes in Portland for the flight from Portland to Vancouver we were called to the desk at the boarding gate and asked why my husband had two tickets to the flight!!! So someone at Alaska found the information eventually but the staff at the check in counter at the John Wayne airport in Orange County California did not seem to be able to use the computer program.

Darcy
Huntington beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2007 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Princess-Cruises-Alaska-Airlines-Travelersadvantagecom/Seatte-Washington-98168/Princess-Cruises-Alaska-Airlines-Travelersadvantagecom-Had-to-puchase-a-duplicate-air-277761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Princess Cruises - Alaska Airlines - Travelersadvantage.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Refund

AUTHOR: Not - (U.S.A.)

Contact Alaska Airlines Customer Care Line and tell them your story. They will research and try to resolve the issue for you. Alaska Airlines: 1-800-654-5669
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (PT), Monday-Friday or go to: http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/help/contacts/HelpCustomerRel.asp

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Geoffrey - (U.S.A.)

If I am traveling by air or any mode of ticketed transportation, I always check in 24 hours before any flight or departure. I talk to a real person and make sure that I and al who are traveling are ticketed, the seats and the route are correct. Then on the day of departure I call again a few hours before I show up, this assures them I am coming, due to security hold up Alaska was calling us on the loud speaker system and security was doing a double security check, Alaska held that plane 5 minutes past door close time, just for us to make it. Almost unheard of any more. The fact that Alaska caught the mistake in Portland was your break. Usually on cruise fly trips it's booked through an agent.

Even more reason to have paperwork in hand, even if it costs $10.00 bucks. It was not Alaska who messed up, it was the cruise agent who put this trip together. To show up with 13 people and no paperwork, is asking for trouble. However it sounds like Alaska did their part and probably the cruise agent did not come through with the refund. This goes on the cruise agent, notoriously bad at following through once the sale is made. Alaska, they got your husband on, yes it cost money, which you got half back, sounds like the cruise agent needs to be named, not blame the airline that made sure your husband got on.

They could have said sorry we are full and your cruisin and your husband is land bound bumming out. Especially on a trip of this, with lots of people, the cruise seller, after all that is the main point , to cruise to Alaska, will very often leave a glitch as the airlines and cruise companies have cut commissions so low that it's very hard to stay in business as a travel agent, so the unscrupulous ones often will pull a trick like this, especially on someone elderly buying for 13 people that he has no contact with.

Always check and double check, all reservations. It's a different world in the travel business now. You have to protect yourself these days.

#3 Consumer Suggestion