Complaint Review: Princess Hair Shop

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: Simeya — Sugar Land Texas
Princess Hair Shop
2619 24th St Sacramento, California USA

Princess Hair Shop My Princess hair shedded and matted like a dog 2619 24th St Sacramento California

I purchased hair from Princess Hair on Dec 23, 2012 for $$513.45 and on December 30, 2012 for 153.00 (4 bundles of Malaysian hair)totaling $666.23. The hair shed and tangled so badly, that it lost about 5 inches of length. After 3 weeks my hair turned into a "Brillo Pad" of huge matted dreads after I washed it, that were so bad that I had NO loose strings of hair! I had to cut it out. I went to their store (located in Sacramento), and they "treated it" which consisted of putting Paul Mitchell conditioner and olive oil sitting on the hair for 3 days and they were able to "bring it back". They agreed that the hair was bad and that dying the hair black wouldn't have damaged the integrity of the hair. They replaced my hair with 4 new bundles of hair (this time I chose Peruvian curly due to my bad experience with Malaysian), I held on to the hair for 8 months before installing it (I was wearing another style at the time). [continued below]....

.....

I moved to Houston, TX 9 months later where I found a beautician to do my hair. I got it installed in November 2013 and it did the same thing, but worst. This time it only lasted for 2 weeks! This hair turned into 5 huge matted dreadlocks that I could not get my fingers through! I called them and they told me that it was because I used drying conditioners, and I told them that I only used extremely moisturizing ph balanced conditioners and had never shampooed the hair. They made me send them the hair back at my expense from TX to California, only for them to contact me a weeks later (via email) to tell me that the hair had a "reaction" because I used the wrong conditioner. Shouldn't you be able to use any kind of conditioner on "Human" hair"? I use the best conditioners all Ph 5.0-6.0, which she didn't even know what that meant. I have bought hair from perfect locks, jace beauty, and hair addicts and have NEVER had a problem with my professional grade products.  There are so many complaints about the same problem on youtube and google search, so how could it be me doing something wrong?

This time they refused to swap out the hair even though they had me send them the hair back even after I told them that I dyed the hair black (no peroxide or ammonia to damage the hair).  After all of that, they voided the warranty on the hair because it was matted and dyed...HELLO, that is the reason why I had to cut the hair out of my head, and it was dyed black the last time they replaced it.  They blamed me saying that I used the wrong shampoo and conditioners and that I neglected to comb my hair until they turned into dreadlocks. Who walks around like that???? I am a hair guru and had to educate her on what ph level shampoos and conditioners are.  I filed a claim with BBB and nothing was done about it.

I don't see how they are still in business. They get hair diva gurus that we follow on here to do reviews, send them the BEST hair, and then have us thinking that we are going to get that quality (no fault to the divas).  That is how they are still in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Princess-Hair-Shop/Sacramento-California-95818/Princess-Hair-Shop-My-Princess-hair-shedded-and-matted-like-a-dog-2619-24th-St-Sacramento-1132743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Princess Hair Shop