I responded to a job posting on Monster.com. I was called in for an interview to a recruiter that I thought had a position they were looking to fill. Upon arrival, I was interviewed and told I was an excellent candidate. Then I find out that they work only for candidates and require a fee.
The sales pitch was compelling. They said that they had 10 years in the area and could help me find the jobs that were not posted. I was at a level of a position that needed assistance and I agreed to hire them for a substantial amount.
The following summarizes the services they promised and the end result of their performance.
1. Appraisal of client qualifications: I filled out lots of sheets and tests. In the end, their was no evaluation of my qualifications.
2. Development of career goals: never discussed
3. Assessment of the proper type of position: Never discussed
4. Realistic and attainable objectives: never discussed
5. Marketing plan, identify target markets and customers: They ran a list of companies and asked me to pick who I wanted to work for. We send letters and I had to stuff them myself, mail them, and then call the individuals. No training, no feedback, no followup. Nothing
6. Developement of total program to establish the proper lever of contacts: Never done.
7. Preparation for interviews: I called several times about interviews I had. My coach did not respond. Never received any training.
8. Consulting on salary negotiations: Never got that far.
Overall, the company was unresponsive, they offered no assistance, they did not follow-up, they never brought me jobs as they said they would, the letters were on plain copy paper, they didn't introduce me to anybody, and have little interest in find me a job.
I asked for a full refund by letter twice and in person once. They did not respond in anyway to my correspondence and refuse to refund anything.
DON'T use them.
Pem Pines, Florida