Complaint Review: Print Pelican

• Updated: Mon, January 17, 2011

• Reported By: Elliot — Los Angeles United States of America
Print Pelican
1770 W. 10th St Riviera Beach, Florida United States of America

Print Pelican Printpelican.com Company promised free shipping and then made me pay for shipping Riviera Beach, Florida

*Author of original report: Consumer Advocate?

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal/Reply to Original Report

I had done my research looking for a printing company to print several thousand copies of a magazine that we publish 1-2 times per year. We received several quotes and print pelican through printpelican.com gave us a great quote that included free shipping.

However, after the magazines were delivered we received a bill for over $300 for shipping. Print Pelican did not own up to their end of the agreement and insisted that we pay for these shipping charges.

Customer service was absolutely no help. The representative ignored our phone calls, email and fax attempts to resolve the issue. Print Pelican was extremely dishonets and unethical. There are much better companies that dont just talk the talk, but actually provide honest pricing and great service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Print-Pelican/Riviera-Beach-Florida-33404/Print-Pelican-Printpelicancom-Company-promised-free-shipping-and-then-made-me-pay-for-shi-681807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Print Pelican

Consumer Advocate?

AUTHOR: Elliot - (United States of America)

Worse than the surprise of being billed for what was supposed to be free shipping, I was shocked at how bad the customer service is at Print Pelican. Their rebuttal to the ripoff report is more of the of the same. A 'consumer advocate' who is too cowardly to per her name attacks the consumer (me) saying that my claim is false and baseless. However, I have an invoice from printpelican.com that clearly states Free Ground Shipping to my address at Suite 518. Only after the fact did they let me know that Free Ground Shipping only gets the order to the parking lot. I was never informed that their Free Shipping doesn't include bringing the several thousand pounds of magazines inside until I received a bill for over $300.

Normally, this is a conversation that you can have with a company who has decent customer service. But print pelican ignored most of my requests to discuss the situation and find a resolution. What makes matters even worse is that a) I placed a similar order for magazines earlier in the year and free ground shipping on that order magically did include bringing the items inside and 2) I regularly order from print pelican competitors who always bring the order inside.

If your policy is going to be dumping the product outside, then you need to let consumers know that ahead of time.

Rebuttal/Reply to Original Report

AUTHOR: Consumer Advocate - (United States of America)

Customer claim is false. Our free shipping includes shipping by ground to customer location. Our free shipping does not include extra services provided by the shipping courier. These extra services may include lift-gate service and/or inside delivery that involves stairs and elevators at the time of delivery. Major shipping/freight carriers (UPS / FedEx / DHL) will provide these service at the request of the receiving party and UPS / FedEx / DHL charge extra for this type of service. In fact the delivery driver/courier will not perform the requested service unless the receiving party authorizes and agrees for the service during the actual time of delivery. Thank you, Printpelican.com Consumer Advocate