Complaint Review: Priority Automotive Group

• Submitted: Mon, May 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By: Chuck — Midlothian Virginia U.S.A.
Priority Automotive Group
16300 Priority Way Chester, Virginia United States of America

Priority Automotive Group Priority Volkswagen Dennis Ellmer, President and CEO When they give you a We Owe slip, that's exactly what they mean because they have no intentions of paying what is owed Chester, Virginia

*Author of original report: Update: Finally got the floor mats...not without drama though

*Author of original report: 30 days since I filed this report and still no mats!!!

*Author of original report: I haven't given up!

*General Comment: 21 DAYS WOW that is the way business works.

First, before I post the report, the dealership did finally pay for the key after posting a report on dealerrater and emailing the report to them. Still no floor mats. But the meat of this report would be lost without pasting the entire report which includes the key reimbursement.

On February 23 , I purchased a 2006 Ford Escape from this dealership. The transaction itself went smooth, and as part of the deal, it was agreed that the dealership would reimburse me for having a second key programmed and also would buy a set of floor mats for the vehicle. The dealership provided me with a We Owe slip stating this.

I provided a copy of the receipt for the key and was told the check would be in the mail the very next day (yes I fell for the old the check is in the mail bit) and they would follow up on the floor mats. 21 days after giving them the receipt and a couple of phone calls later, The matter remains unresolved. I sent the dealership a message via the contact us link pasting most of this in the body of the message. I was immediately contacted by the internet sales and then the general sales manager and was assured that this would be squared away the very next day and would be contacted with the update.

As expected, neither has happened.

I am sure this dealership would like me to just forget about it and just eat the couple hundred dollars, but if I owed them this money, you can bet they would be blowing my phone up to collect. My next course of recovery is to post this message to every dealer review and consumer websites. It disappoints me to have to resort to this, but it is what it is.

Again, If this dealership gives you a We Owe slip, that's exactly what it means. Maybe they should change it to the We will promise you anything to make a sale, but good luck getting it slip.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2012 04:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priority-Automotive-Group/Chester-Virginia-23831/Priority-Automotive-Group-Priority-Volkswagen-Dennis-Ellmer-President-and-CEO-When-they-879152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priority Automotive Group

Update: Finally got the floor mats...not without drama though

AUTHOR: Chuck - (U.S.A.)

I finally got the floor mats for my Escape. After I posted the last update, I emailed the GM of the dealership to let him know I had updated this post and had written another. The GM replied that the mats were ordered and received in 4 days and were waiting for me to pick them up in the parts dept.

I went there to pick them up and the mats that were placed in front of me were $10 Wal-mart mats that weren't even for an SUV. C'mon now...if you are going to be that cheap, at least get mats for an SUV.

So I laughed about seeing them and asked where the GM was so I could confront him about it. I was directed to the sales floor where I ran into the finance manager that I signed the papers with when I bought it. I explained why I wanted to see the GM and he took me to his office and went to look at the mats ( I had left them on the parts counter). He came back a few min later and told me that some Ford all weather mats were now on order.

I went there today after the parts dept called and I was given a box of Ford all weather mats for my Escape....FINALLY!

So, I want to thank Chris in the Finance Dept, I will gladly buy a car from you again, and I would like to thank Tim in the parts dept, He was very professional and called me when the mats came in, just as he said he would. I also want to thank Ripoffreport.com for being here for the consumer to post their issues and get resolution

30 days since I filed this report and still no mats!!!

AUTHOR: Chuck - (U.S.A.)

After I filed this report, 2 days later I get a call and an email from the GM of the dealership apologizing for the mistake and his promise that they would take care of  the issue. I know someone read this report because I was asked what color the interior is. where it was never asked prior to this.

After providing the info I received an email a few days later saying the mats had been ordered. Well, 30 days later.......NO MATS!!!!! Priority VW, listen.....if you can't get the mats offer me up something else....I could use a bug deflector and some vent visors. I guess it's time to to post my report on another review site.....

I haven't given up!

AUTHOR: Chuck - (U.S.A.)

I got the impression that they were going to cut the check that day ( or a day or two later). I would not have minded if they had told me that it would take  a few weeks.. just be up front!

They have told me twice that the floor mats are on order... suuuuure they are. If you are going to lie to me, at least make it seem like you are trying and ask simple questions like what color my carpet is.

I think they kept blowing me off figuring I wouldn't keep after them over this. I will email them to remind them and point out they are now on ripoffreport.

#4 General Comment

21 DAYS WOW that is the way business works.

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

I get the feeling that either:

• They flat lied about the check getting written

• Or you missunder stood what was meant by process the check tomorrow

At our dealership ( unrelated to these guys ) it is possible, depending on the day the check requisition is generated to the day the check is actually in the mail has been known to be as much as 45 days.

100% legit, just slower than we like, our target is next monthly check run on the 15 th of the month regardles of request date.

So expeect the cheque 30 days or more after you requested payment with paper work.

As to the floor mats, keep after them.

trim