Complaint Review: Priority One Clearing Services | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Priority One Clearing works directly with publishers & partners to process magazine subscriptions for consumers throughout US. Dedicated to making customer's subscription experience a positive one! Priority One Clearing, subscription clearinghouse for magazine publishers.

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 04, 2015

• Reported By:Springfield Illinois
Priority One Clearing Services
5510 Parmalee Gulch PO Box 376 Indian Hills, Colorado U.S.A.

Priority One Clearing Services REVIEW: Priority One Clearing Service dedicated to total customer satisfaction. Priority One Clearing Services invested in dedicated, experienced staff ready to resolve any subscribers’ situation.
*UPDATE: Priority One Clearing Services pledges commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. Priority One Clearing Services recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Priority One Clearing Services for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Priority One Clearing Service have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Priority Once Clearing Service listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Priority One’s Founder, Dawn Daugherty, explained to us, “Having 23 years in the industry I understand how frustrating it can be as a subscriber and not get the answers they deserve. [continued below]....
.....” She has taken this experience and parlayed it into what she considers to be a state of the art customer service center. She also stated “She personally takes incoming subscriber calls weekly so she can better understand the challenges of her customer service professionals and the subscriber.” As a successful businesswoman, Dawn Daugherty knows it is critical to listen to the subscribers first hand order to better prepare her staff for resolutions.

Priority One is Ripoff Report Verified

Priority One

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Justin Rosen during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Priority One Clearing Services, Inc.

Priority One Clearing Services, Inc. is a company specializing in providing brokerage services, working as a middleman between companies who sell magazines and the companies that actually produce the magazines. They process the data as the companies work to sell magazines and obtain subscribers. “We make sure the publishers are being represented properly, the magazine gets processed, and the consumer gets their magazine,” states Justin Rosen, a representative of Priority One Clearing Services.

Because of Priority One Clearing Services’ business model, they do not reach out to potential customers to acquire leads. “We don’t acquire leads, because we don’t sell magazines. The agencies list brokers like BBB and DMA that scrub their leads to make sure there are not people on the Do Not Call list… The guys who are acquiring the leads for the consumers that call us are agencies who are out selling magazines. The way we get that [information] is because the agents or magazine sellers give it to us,” explains Mr. Rosen. Their interaction with the end consumer is limited, but Mr. Rosen explains that since they are the last people to touch the magazine before it gets mailed to the consumer, then the consumer can often contact Priority One Clearing Services regarding issues such as the method of delivery of the magazine, canceling delivery, etc.

Priority One Clearing Services Customer Support & Complaint Resolution

Cancelling the subscription, Mr. Rosen explains, is often the cause of complaints received from the consumers. Many times, if the consumer wants to cancel, they generally contact the publisher of the magazine first. Because Priority One works as a middleman between the publisher and the company who sold the subscription, all the publisher can do is refer the consumer to call Priority One. At this point, because Priority One is not the company who actually sold the consumer the subscription and collected payment, they generally have to refer to consumer to a third party, which is the company who actually sold them the magazine subscription. “Sometimes we can cancel it for them and that’s the end of the phone call, and other times we can’t because we have to refer them to yet one more person who took all of their credit card information. We don’t keep any [information] but the name, address, zip code, and magazine,” explains Mr. Rosen.

Priority One1

When dealing with customers who have this particular complain, the team at Priority One works to be able to just cancel the subscription for them, but even if they can’t, “We never tell them we don’t know. We always have an answer for them,” states Mr. Rosen. He says he’s confident in the companies that they do business with and their ability to take care of their customers. “We don’t just say, ‘Here call them and let them take care of you,’ and pass the buck. We know that when we give them a phone number to call someone, they might get a voicemail or they might get an automated attendant because it’s after hours, but they will get their situation resolved,” states Mr. Rosen. He explains that customers’ reactions to this type of situation could go either way. “On any given day, somebody might be really happy that they got a live person to answer the phone, so they’re happy that we told them where it came from… and sometimes they are disappointed or disgruntled because they have to make yet another phone call or they’re not sure how they got the magazine to begin with,” he explains, but says that unfortunately, he generally can’t answer their questions and has to refer them to the company who sold the subscription in the first place. Priority One does have follow-up procedures in place once complaints are resolved, but Mr. Rosen explains that they typically only follow up on bigger issues, such as situations that may involve the BBB.

In response to a complaint posted on Ripoff Report, Mr. Rosen states that, “We don’t sell magazine subscriptions. We process the data. We’re a data processing center, not a sales center.” He explains that the complaints generally revolve around the magazine subscription, which is not something Priority One is responsible for. However, since receiving complaints on Ripoff Report, Priority One has worked to expand their hours so they’re available to assist customers who may call in with questions or concerns. “We have always prided ourselves in the way we serve our customers here, so for me it wasn’t how we handle those calls differently, it was extending our hours,” explains Mr. Rosen.

Mr. Rosen and his team at Priority One Clearing Services recognize the value of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, and the platform it provides for businesses and clients to interact and resolve issues. “I think that Ripoff Report is an interesting platform for people to use to voice and alert people of businesses that need to be reported negatively. I think for us, it’s most important to get our company out there so that people understand really who we are versus being a sales center. The biggest misconception about us is that we’re a sales center and that we charge people’s credit cards. So for us, what is so important to me is to get it out there in a mass way that we are not a sales center. We don’t charge credit cards. And if they just give us an opportunity to help them resolve their customer service issues, we will,” states Mr. Rosen.

Priority One2

Priority One Clearing Services / Statements from the staff

"Dawn Daugherty’s personal and business ethics align completely and their experiences working with Priority One and Dawn Daugherty have been nothing but stellar and never any unmet promises. Her commitment to the community, the staff, which she proudly calls 'The Team', the publishers and to customer service is nothing less than outstanding.”

Priority One’s staff says there are amazed that Dawn Daugherty actually helps out on the customer service phones when they are busy. “To have her take calls so that she better understands our challenges and the frustrations that a subscriber may have is truly a sign of her commitment to this company”.

One newer employee stated “I have never worked for a company that cared so much about their staff and their customers. When Dawn says she is committed, she is serious about all areas of the business, she is all in!”

When subscribers use the “live chat” capability they are able to rate the representative they just worked with to resolve their problem. Those are reviewed and representatives are acknowledged for their accolades. Nothing goes unnoticed by Dawn Daugherty when it comes to a subscriber’s satisfaction.

Priority One2

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM PRIORITY ONE CLEARING:

Priority One Clearing recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s Investigation Priority One Clearing has made adjustments to the hours of receiving subscriber complaints. It has enable subscribers to contact Priority One outside of normal business hours.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Dawn Daugherty and many of her past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Priority One Clearing is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total subscriber satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer ..

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

--------------------------------------------------

Priority One Clearing House Indian Hills Colorado

A shady looking guy came to our door trying to sell magazines for charities to get points. And this was at my family's house in another state. About a month or so ago a similar looking guy came to my house in my state trying to sell magazines. They both had the same tactics. The whole thing looks shady. On your website, the address for the offices on google maps shows some place in Colorado. That seems normal, but on street view it doesn't really look professional. And the website is registered to someone in Clearwater, FL. Every time I see or hear about the people you have selling magazines door to door, it's always a really shady looking individual who acts overly friendly, doesn't take no for an answer, demands to come inside, travels with other shady looking individuals in unprofessional vehicles. The individuals selling the magazines carry wrinkled flyers and seem nice but the moment they can't make a sale they immediately become disinterested, unkind, and try to leave before someone can find out more information. When the individual is questioned about legitimacy the person is directed to talk on the phone to their "higher up" which is just another unprofessional looking individual. When contacted, the charities in question have no idea who these people selling magazines are. It looks like a scam. It probably is a scam. Even if it wasn't, it's ugly business practice and you have terrible employees. Chase Springfield, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priority-One-Clearing-Services/Indian-Hills-Colorado-80454/Priority-One-Clearing-House-Indian-Hills-Colorado-472468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priority One Clearing Services

another dissatisfied 'customer'

AUTHOR: elliB - (United States of America)

I also started receiving unwanted/unordered magazines that I didn't even pay for. First it was US Weekly, a waste of paper. Then a month or so later it was Working Mother Magazine (which is extra ridiculous as I am a student with no children!) So I finally contacted Working Mother Magazine last night and this was the response I got: "Your order was placed through Priority One Clearing agency. Their telephone number is 727 443 2200. Please contact them for assistance with your cancellation." So clearly someone went out of their way to sign me up for magazines through this place I've never heard of, be it for points or commission or whatever, because I am not the demographic of either of these publications and anyone who knows me would say the same. Now how can the owner of this company keep defending themselves against this sort of thing when people all over are receiving magazines they don't want and aren't the demographic for, and they come care of Priority One Clearing? It's absurd and reeks of scam and I will do whatever it takes to stop this.

Proof that Priority One is a scammer operation

AUTHOR: Mattb - (U.S.A.)

I started receiving Rolling Stone magazine about 2 months ago.... a magazine that I could care less about, much less want a subscription for. Well, after calling Rolling Stone, they said the subscription was sent in by Priority One Clearing Service. Bingo!! Proof that you are indeed a scammer operation. So, as soon as I file this report, I'll be heading over to the BBB website and file a report on you there, too. You have a lot of nerve calling yourself "reputable" when people start receiving a magazine they didn't subscribe to. Talk your way out of that!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Priority One Clearing is just as guilty as scammers.

AUTHOR: ClearingHouseScam - (United States of America)

Priority One Clearing is just as guilty as scammers.

I started getting magazines I did not sign up for, and I am now 100% sure it is a scam. I had to call four "companies" just to "cancel" the first magazine. One of the companies was National Publishers Exchange, which Dawn Daugherty (CEO of Priority One Clearing) used to work for.

The second magazine I did not order has lead me to Priorty One Clearing. Someone is trying to scam me and is using Priority One Clearing and companies like them to do it.

I find it hard to believe "clearing houses" such as Priority One Clearing do not know what is going on. They must get complaints all the time. They just "process orders" and push papers along to the next company, but nobody wants to verify the order.

Maybe Dawn Daugherty and Priorty One Clearing aren't trying to scam people, but they are complacent in the magazine scam business. Why didn't Priorty One Clearing call to confirm I ordered?

Lastly, Priority One Clearing is not part of the publishing industry as they state on their website, they are part of the sometimes-sleasy sales industry.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misconeption of Identify/Companies

AUTHOR: Dawn daugherty - (U.S.A.)

Please note that although Jennifer Proffitt Payne and Dawn Daugherty appear on the corporate documents 1)We are not "formally" partners in Priority One Clearing Services 2)We are not using alias names, if you have ever been female and married/divorced you would realize how hard it is to have all paperwork throughout your personal/professional filings in sync with a unanimous name 3) Priority One Clearinghouse is a processing company for agents that are door 2 door, telemarketing, direct mail, internet, etc.  We process for many companies who do not own nor have a financial interest in P-1. 4) I, Dawn Daugherty do not own any other companies other than Priority One Clearing Services and Subscription Integrity Services, LLC.  Any other companies appearing with my name or a similar name are not me nor are they companies owned by me.  5) The company was incorporated in Clw, FL but located the operations to Indian Hills, CO.  So not to raise any red flags, it is physically moving to FL in late July of 2010.

I would be delighted to discuss any matters you might have regarding this industry and/or my company so that information will not be improperly stated and smeared across the internet.  I am simply an entrepreneur who was introduced to this business many years ago (20) and have enjoyed serving this industry well.....the magazine industry.

Please go to my website at Priorityoneclearing.com and you will see we are reputable, accessable and willing to answer any questions.

Dawn Daugherty

Founder/CEO /President

Priority One Clearing Services - Unique Subscription Agency

AUTHOR: boatrocker - (United States of America)

For the past 4 weeks a Mag Crew of approximately 50 young adults (along with several toddlers) has been staying at the Day's Inn in Alameda, California soliciting and recruiting in the SF Bay Area on behalf of Unique Subscription Agency. Liquor, marijuana and drugs are everywhere. Larry Lee McClellan of Pearland, Texas and Jennifer E. Payne of Colorado represent this company per the Colorado Secretary of States business database.

Priority One Clearing Services has a BBB rating of C-. This clearinghouse is used by the Unique Subscription Agency. Priority One Clearing Services was incorporated in Florida with Jennifer Proffitt (aka Jennifer Payne) and Dawn Daugherty named as directors. On January 13, 2010, the mailing address for Priority One Clearing Services was changed to Colorado, Jennifer Paynes home base. Dawn Daugherty is named as the registered agent and CEO.

When registering companies, Dawn Daugherty (aka Dawn Russo) and Jennifer E Payne (aka Jennifer Proffitt) use various other names, such as their married name, prior married name or maiden name. Other names including Jennifer Paynes husband, Cody Don Payne and her son, Ashton Elijah Dukes are also used. For example, Priority One Services is the clearinghouse for D 2 D Consulting, aka Reviste, LLC which is owned by Cody Payne and has a BBB rating of F.

Most, if not all, of the magazine subscription companies represented, owned and/or operated by Jennifer Payne and family utilize a Mag Crew to obtain their subscriptions. See magcrew.com for how these crews operate.

Missing customer money: When receipts are turned-in by the Mag Crews, money is skimmed off the top by the folks in Colorado, thus, many subscriptions are not even turned in to the clearinghouse. The Mag Crews are generally blamed for this, when in fact, it is those at the higher levels stealing the money. When a customer calls the clearinghouse to inquire about their subscription, the clearinghouse employee can honestly claim there is no record of the order; therefore, no refund is issued if the customer paid in cash. If payment was made by check, the subscription startup is often deliberately delayed until the customer calls.  In the meantime, the clearinghouse has had full use of the customers money.

Mag Crews recruit young adults over 18, some with young children and toddlers in tow, and take them state to state to solicit for what are oftentimes fraudulent, dissolved or non-existent companies. There is fraud, falsification of documents filed with government agencies, forgery, theft, child neglect/abuse, consumer rip-offs, drugs, unlicensed drivers, no permits, etc . . .

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Clearing House no Scam

AUTHOR: Dawn Daugherty - (U.S.A.)

First let me say that Priority One Clearing Services is a magazine processing center or Clearing House as it is known in the industry. We do not sell magagzines to the end user/subscriber, we process magazine orders for agents/people selling magaiznes and have contracts with hundreds of consumer magazine publishers to do so.

There is no way that a person could have gotten our web address from anything that someone on a door to door sales call would have had regarding coorespondence. You can call the publishers' fulfillment center after the order is placed and if you have an active magazine subscription they will tell you the order came from Priority One/or any other clearing hosue and give you a phone number to reach us and we will refer you to the company that sent the order to us to be processed as we don't have any information other than name and address on the consumer. There is NO WAY the website was retrieved or the name Priroity One Clearing Services was obtained from any sales materials.

I have worked to long (over 20 years) and too hard to be associated with any Scams or to be preceived as a Scam.....and yes, I incorporated in Clearwater, FL and have an office there and also in Colorado...is that a crime?