replace

• Submitted: Sun, July 18, 1999
  • Updated: Mon, November 22, 1999

• Reported By:
Priority One Plumbing, Heat&AC
La Crescenta, Santa Clarita Sun Valley, Vannuys, Malibu, Sanfernando,, Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA U.S.A.

Priority One Plumbing, Heat & AC ... Blowing plenty of hot air & cool lies

VIDEO LIES AND PLUMBING

I had the unfortunate luck of calling Priority One, Plumbing,
Heating and Air Conditioning to check out a problem I had with my sewer line backing up. My home is an older one and it does not have a 4 clean out. The 2 clean out, I was told could not accomodate their sewer equipment and I did not want to have my toilet pulled to have the line snaked from my bathroom.

I contracted to have my sewer line scoped with a sewer line camera and have a 4 clean out installed. The technician from Priority One informed my wife after viewing the sewer line that there was a rupture in the line and that it had become
disconnected. I came home to find the the technician, Tony
Kelly, on the roof with the camera snake. My wife told me he had
been trying to figure out were the sewer line ran under the
driveway all day and could not do it from the 2 clean out in the back of the house. He cleaned the clogged from the roof stack and told us it was okay to use the water, but that it was only a temporary fix as the sewer line needed to be replaced.

I viewed the sewer line through the camera but he fooled me into
thinking the line had dropped out by tilting the camera into the
small gap at the end of the sleeve of the pipe. The camera lens is convex so it gives a distorted picture. I asked for an estimate and he gave me one for $2300. This to dig a hole about 3 feet from the one he already dug to install the 4 cleanout.

I then told him I wanted to get another estimate. I did get another estimate and had that plumbing company dig up the line. It turns out there was nothing wrong with the sewer line. Tony Kelly lied to us. I found out later that Priority One pays their technicians commissions. If I had let them do the work I would have never known there was nothing wrong with the sewer line. I have received no satisfaction from the owner of Priority One. I have filed a complaint with the State Contractors License Board. The owner of Priority One is in my opinion arrogant, to the point where I believe he encourages his technicians to be less than honest.

I certainly would advise anyone looking for reputable repair people to avoid Priority One. This company services not only plumbing but heating and air conditioning, I would imagine their way of doing business is similar in all trades.

Howeard Richards

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/1999 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priority-One-Plumbing-HeatAC/Sun-Valley-Vannuys-Malibu-Sanfernando-Los-Angeles-Long-Beach-CA/Priority-One-Plumbing-Heat-AC-Blowing-plenty-of-hot-air-cool-lies-574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priority One Plumbing, Heat&AC